Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    I'm not understanding this line of thought. How could 52 professional anglers fishing for a week deeply impact a lake the size of Grand? Does it draw more anglers from across the United States after the pro's get done? Seems there is an awful lot of Tx's on that lake anyways so i would think that would be a heavier impact.
    That would be my guess.

There was talk last time around that traffic and fishing pressure before the tournament was unprecedented as well. Lot's of guys seeing what they could do out there before the big boys showed up. It happens at every elite location, but a lot more for the Classic.... especially when they pump up the lake like they did with Grand.

2. Member
    I'm not understanding this line of thought. How could 52 professional anglers fishing for a week deeply impact a lake the size of Grand? Does it draw more anglers from across the United States after the pro's get done? Seems there is an awful lot of Tx's on that lake anyways so i would think that would be a heavier impact.
    It's not from those guys actually fishing it's from all the people that come from all over to fish it when they talk about how great the lake is. Then there's tournament trails that used to fish other lakes that have went to just fishing Grand for every event. Then there's the 50 something best anglers in the world with cameras and spectators following them around showing every single rock on the lake that has ever held a fish, if there's a spot that has a fish withing 100 yards of it those guys will find it. But the biggest strain on the lake IMO is the increase in regional events, Federation Nation Championship two years in a row, BASS Opens and or FLW Costa events in the best time of the year. Those events draw over 200 boats and include quite a few of the pro level guys and even more that are probably not far behind them. It's not just the Classic it's everything comes from it that puts such a strain on the lake. And I'm certainly no stick by any means so me struggling to find fish is no surprise but you continue to see lower and lower weights get checks in these big local events that have a lot of really good local guys in them it's hard to argue that the fishing hasn't declined.

Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I want to see it at Las Vegas/Lake Mead.
    Mohave or Havasu!! The clear water at Mohave would be a huge challenge.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by limit5bass View Post
    My guess is Knoxville area on a lake like Norris Lake.
    Or the Ohio River near Cincinnati... Dan

Toldeo Bend or Sam Rayburn would be awesome.

Louisville, fish the Ohio river, taylorsville lake and Patoka lake. It'll be a true test of the best

Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    Toldeo Bend or Sam Rayburn would be awesome.
    Definitely.

But not all the Chicken Poo and Zebra Mussels or the hundreds of boats fishing the local T/M every weekend..

9. Banned
    The Classic multiple years just put a spotlight on it. Between fisherman that will now travel to fish it and the trails that fish only it multiple times every year ot is getting beat it death. The GRDA needs to cut the number of permits they write in half and not allow trails to hit it multiple times.

10. Member
    Ive heard it will be IN TN next year.. My guess is CHICK out of Chatanoooooga or out of Knoxville, Norris or Douglas... I hope its Chick.. they would put up GIANT bags...
    lewisboat.com
    Omega Custom Tackle
    Lewis Pro Team
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    The Classic multiple years just put a spotlight on it. Between fisherman that will now travel to fish it and the trails that fish only it multiple times every year ot is getting beat it death. The GRDA needs to cut the number of permits they write in half and not allow trails to hit it multiple times.
    As long as tournaments pay for a permit to fish GRDA will take their money, they don't care about fishing.

Charlevoix in late sept.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by THKUSTOMS View Post
    Ive heard it will be IN TN next year.. My guess is CHICK out of Chatanoooooga or out of Knoxville, Norris or Douglas... I hope its Chick.. they would put up GIANT bags...
    That would be interesting and seems like the right kind of town

14. Member
    Indoor arena is a requirement for consideration, plus other requirements.

15. Member
    I really hope its somewhere within a decent drive of central ky. Anywhere in TN would be great. Ive always wanted to attend one but im not driving all the way to Grand or SC for a day or two.
    They aint got hands, set the hook

Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    I really hope its somewhere within a decent drive of central ky. Anywhere in TN would be great. Ive always wanted to attend one but im not driving all the way to Grand or SC for a day or two.
    We just drove 12 hours to SC from western Arkansas. Sometimes you gotta get out and explore the world. We had a blast when we got to our destination and had almost as much fun on the journey there and back. Made lots of memories.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Me too! Grand has done nothing but get tougher since the first year they came here.
    I have to agree but I have also heard its coming back to Tulsa the show is nice.

18. Member
    Just bring it to Northern California. Delta or Clear Lake and get ready for a slug fest. 25-30 lbs a day for the win.

19. Member
    I'd love it to be on the West coast - I can then clear it off my bucket list lol.......Delta or Clear Lake would be pretty awesome.
    Nitro Z6 Optimax115 Elite HDI5 Bow 5x Pro Console

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansa View Post
    Just bring it to Northern California. Delta or Clear Lake and get ready for a slug fest. 25-30 lbs a day for the win.
    Clear lake gets beat up enough as it is. Between the horrible issues they had in the summer with
    losing a lot of the biggest fish and the continued spraying, it’s gonna be awhile before Clearlake has recovered.
    Not a piece of grass left on the whole lake and only one end of the lake is even producing fish at the moment.

They will never come out west though and I’m glad they won’t.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast