Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    California Delta would be awesome

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JHelms View Post
    I want to see it at Las Vegas/Lake Mead.
    Noone will drive there

3. Member
    Charlotte/Lake Norman is a Taylor Made venue for this type Event. The Houston Classic was outstanding.

4. Member
    it will be in Tulsa I bet.

Heard that BASS is trying to get on a rotation of 3 cities: Tulsa, Greenville are two. They were hoping Houston would be the third, but after last year they scrapped it as one of the rotations.

With Tulsa being 3 years come March 2019, I bet Tulsa will be. 2020 will be the 3rd host city (TBD), and 2021 will be Greenville again.

5. Member
    I can't believe tax payer $ is spent on fishing tournaments, this has to be public record if true. How much did South Carolina spend for this years?

6. Member
    Would love to see it on Table Rock. They could also do Table Rock day 1, Bull shoals day 2, North Fork day 3.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningreel View Post
    I can't believe tax payer $ is spent on fishing tournaments, this has to be public record if true. How much did South Carolina spend for this years?
    It is usually public record and the argument is made that the economic impact has a net positive effect. The same as public investment in stadiums, conference centres, festivals, cultural events etc.

It falls under the category of things that are hard to measure and can be argued either way.

8. Member
    I see the Forest wood cup is in Arkansas this year, is it like the classic with an expo and all. I would like to see a classic in Mo., Oklahoma, or Ark, sometime soon again. I have never been to anything like either one except for the PWT at Milford lake Kansas and it was huge and had great deals on fishing equipment and other stuff.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    It is usually public record and the argument is made that the economic impact has a net positive effect. The same as public investment in stadiums, conference centres, festivals, cultural events etc.

It falls under the category of things that are hard to measure and can be argued either way.
    Seems to me a couple hundred thousand to draw in millions in dollars to a community is hard to not defend.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    I’d like to see a “host city” with 3 different lakes for the 3 different days.

Show the the true world champion
    this is a cool idea! Come back to Birmingham and hit one of the Tennessee river lakes, a Coosa river lake and then Martin or smith. That would be a bunch of diversity and some great action.

Quote Originally Posted by smbass77 View Post
    it will be in Tulsa I bet.

Heard that BASS is trying to get on a rotation of 3 cities: Tulsa, Greenville are two. They were hoping Houston would be the third, but after last year they scrapped it as one of the rotations.

With Tulsa being 3 years come March 2019, I bet Tulsa will be. 2020 will be the 3rd host city (TBD), and 2021 will be Greenville again.
    I'm betting Tulsa also. I have been thinking we will start seeing a rotation schedule for the elite tournaments and cities will have the option to pay for a spot on the rotation. I went to the Houston classic and thought it was a dud. My wife is from Houston and even she commented that it wasnt as good as the others. Everyone I talked to thought so also. I heard some rumblings that BASS wasn't impressed with the turnout either.

12. Member
    Wish they would hold it on Lanier, but I don't think they will ever choose a spotted bass fishery for the Classic. However, this would rule out many lakes in the southeast in the future. I give Hartwell another 5-10 years before the spots have it overrun and the LMs are few and far between. KVD mentioned yesterday during the live broadcast. Hartwell is a completely different lake from five years ago. And it has more to do with the spots than the bluebacks.

As a few others have said, they need to hit Chickamauga while it is hot.

13. Member
    Hoping somewhere like Grand or Table Rock for mine and my sons own selfish reason.
    1995 Ranger 487VS / 1998 Mercury 200 EFI

14. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady bass View Post
    Noone will drive there
    I wouldnt drive but i'd fly.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

If chad a vote I'm voting for Watts Bar , but they couldn't get .50 cent from that area so I guess thats out . Move it back a month and go up to one of the smallmouth lakes up north .

16. Banned
    I hope they stay away from Tulsa/Grand for a long time.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Okiekev View Post
    this is a cool idea! Come back to Birmingham and hit one of the Tennessee river lakes, a Coosa river lake and then Martin or smith. That would be a bunch of diversity and some great action.
    I like that idea, completely different tournament though. Not worse, just different competitively.... maybe better.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    Charlotte/Lake Norman is a Taylor Made venue for this type Event. The Houston Classic was outstanding.
    I'd like to see that...and I'd make the trip down
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    I hope they stay away from Tulsa/Grand for a long time.
    Me too! Grand has done nothing but get tougher since the first year they came here.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slaunch View Post
    Me too! Grand has done nothing but get tougher since the first year they came here.

I'm not understanding this line of thought. How could 52 professional anglers fishing for a week deeply impact a lake the size of Grand? Does it draw more anglers from across the United States after the pro's get done? Seems there is an awful lot of Tx's on that lake anyways so i would think that would be a heavier impact.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast