Bob G's pool boy

Anyone using the Fury 4 blade on a Z21?

Have the three blade. Looking for a backup. Assuming 24P as well.

"I am going to Eufala to just idle around"
    -Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s with a bent ass trailer
    HDS16 live- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 live W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

Instagram @brettcarnright. Teamviewer: bCarnrite@33

2. Member
    From what I have read the Fury 4 blade is bad about slinging blades off. I would buy a Bravo 1XS or some other 4 blade. Three props broke on 1 boat.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zeke4351 View Post
    From what I have read the Fury 4 blade is bad about slinging blades off. I would buy a Bravo 1XS or some other 4 blade. Three props broke on 1 boat.
    Nonsense. Sounds like there is something wrong with the setup.

I have run my Fury 4 for a year now and all blades are still intact. Even after damage from some rocks. It is a 25P cuz the dealer didnt have a 24 when I was trying props. Pushed my boat to 71-72 out of the box. I need to get it cleaned up, but still hitting 69-70.

4. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    Nonsense. Sounds like there is something wrong with the setup.

I have run my Fury 4 for a year now and all blades are still intact. Even after damage from some rocks. It is a 25P cuz the dealer didnt have a 24 when I was trying props. Pushed my boat to 71-72 out of the box. I need to get it cleaned up, but still hitting 69-70.
    Thanks man. The BBC never disappoints. Someone will always be along to add something that has nothing to do with the question posed.

What boat are you running it on?

Is the 24 the preferred 4 blade also?

Thanks again.

-Haus

***NEW*** 2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4 cause I am such a baller.

5. Member
    2016 Z21 250 ProXS 12" atlas hydraulic.

Yes, that is what I have read from others. I have a Fury 3 blade 24 P as a spare that I bought from a BBC member. I have yet to put it on and try it out. I have read that the 24 performs a little better top end speed and RPM level hits right at the top end. The prop shop I go to didnt have the 24 in stock so I didnt get to try it. My boat came with 26p tempest and it sucked on my boat, runs great on my brothers Phoenix. I wanted something right then so he loaded me up with 4 different props one was a 24p 3 blade, tempest clone. The Fury 4 25p outperformed all of them. If your prop shop will let you try props, that is you best option. You pay a little more if you buy from them, but you have established a relationship for the future, especially when it comes to getting work done quickly. I have been very happy with the 25p, but if you can get your hands on both for test, definitely do it and let me know. I have to try to make that prop blow out, even with all the vents open.

My experience is the 4 blades have better hole shot and perform better in the chop. Just have to find what your boat/motor performs on best to your satisfaction.

6. Bob G's pool boy
    Quote Originally Posted by rampaage View Post
    2016 Z21 250 ProXS 12" atlas hydraulic.

Yes, that is what I have read from others. I have a Fury 3 blade 24 P as a spare that I bought from a BBC member. I have yet to put it on and try it out. I have read that the 24 performs a little better top end speed and RPM level hits right at the top end. The prop shop I go to didnt have the 24 in stock so I didnt get to try it. My boat came with 26p tempest and it sucked on my boat, runs great on my brothers Phoenix. I wanted something right then so he loaded me up with 4 different props one was a 24p 3 blade, tempest clone. The Fury 4 25p outperformed all of them. If your prop shop will let you try props, that is you best option. You pay a little more if you buy from them, but you have established a relationship for the future, especially when it comes to getting work done quickly. I have been very happy with the 25p, but if you can get your hands on both for test, definitely do it and let me know. I have to try to make that prop blow out, even with all the vents open.

My experience is the 4 blades have better hole shot and perform better in the chop. Just have to find what your boat/motor performs on best to your satisfaction.
    Thanks.

-Haus

7. Member
    My fury 4 slung a blade today first time ever running new boat within the first few minutes gone. Plate and motor were buried down was running between 4-4500rpm. Boat just started shaking violently about 3 miles from ramp. Never thought I’d ever use the spare prob holder now I will.
    Nitro z21

8. Member
    I just slung a blade on my NEW 25 fury 4 yesterday morning running to our fish in a tournament. I will definitely be sending this back to mercury and see what they have to say
    www.obsessioncustomtackle.com

9. Member

10. Banned
    any updates on the fury 4 blade issues?

11. Member
    I ran one for over 2 years with no problems. Around 270 hours run time. 24 fury on Z21 and Z20, same prop.

2 stroke vs 4 stroke, Gen 1 Torque master and Gen 2 Torque master gear case makes a difference on the answers your getting. Just saying.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

13. Banned
    I run a 24p Fury 4
    2017 Z21 250 Pro Xs
    I run 68-70 and have never had a problem.

14. Member
    Slung a blade on a 24p Fury 4 this fall. 45 mph, calm .... Triton