New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar

Question talon mounting??

I do not have a jackplate and was wondering how I would mount a talon to my boat older 300 series Ranger , I saw a mounting plate that looks like it is only about a 1/4 thick and a spacer for the other side would that be sufficient and then how about the tilt availability? those mounts look a lot thicker and how would that work?? How much are we talking for a mounting system to install one 8' on my boat???
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

2. Member
    You would need sandwich brackets. They would go between the boat and motor. The tilt bracket goes in between the big bracket and the talon so it wouldn't effect the mounting of the big bracket. Check a few board sponsors for bracket prices, I recommend bassman25

3. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    there is one for sale in the New England forum would that work for my application ? that is all I need to know ? also how important are the tilt brackets? And does it matter which side of transom the talon goes if you only have one
    Last edited by twitch; 03-19-2018 at 02:21 PM.
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

4. Member
    The black one with the jackplate bracket won't work. Well, the bracket won't work. The sandwich bracket that's for sale on that forum is the old style, not made for the weight of the new ones. So I wouldn't get them.

5. Member
    The tilt bracket is useful if you keep it in a garage with a low clearance.... I have two tilt brackets on mine, but never really use them since mine clear my door opening.