2009 Sabre Vision - Any Problem Areas??

I am looking at a 2009 Sabre Vision this week as an upgrade, and was wondering if there are any problem areas with these boats that I need to look for? It has a 150 Optimax on it, and from what I could find, these motors seem to be pretty reliable with only a few problems (low oil sensors or compressors). Probaby going to have the motor checked out by a shop if the boat looks good. Thanks!

I have the same '09 Sabre Vision, with same year 150 Optimax. I purchased April of 2013, motor had 17 hours on it...single axle; no issues yet, knock on wood
    Last edited by drainplug; 03-21-2018 at 11:02 AM.

I have a 2007 Sabre FTD with 150 Opti. Bought it in 2012 with 21 hours on it. The boat has been excellent in every respect.
    Can’t imagine a better fishing platform in the 18-19’ range. Handles like a sports car and runs like a scalded dog. Low to Mid 60s boat that handles perfectly in the 40-55 MPH range.
    The Optimax has been without issue. I estimate I have around 300 hours (I keep the troller down, and don’t run more than a few miles on most trips). Strong, smooth, and reliable. All I’ve done is routine maintenance (plugs, LU grease, water impeller). The older Optis had some issues. I think most all were resolved long before 2009.
    You won’t regret buying a Sabre. Have a reputable mechanic check it Just in case.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

4. Member
    Thanks for all of the feedback. Going to look at the Sabre this afternoon. How has the trailer been? This is a single axle that I am looking at.

Single axle is fine for a Sabre Vision. BCB builds the best trailer in the bassboat industry. I’ve never had a minutetrouble out any trailer n any BCB I ever owned.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Member
    I have a 2008 classic with single axle trailer. Trailer is as good as they come, no worries other than routine maintenance. Occasional brake checks. Occasional wheel bearing seal checks. Bunk / carpet checks...
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

2008 Sabre Vision here. Couldn't ask for a more awesome, trouble free rig. Can't speak to the Opti - tech told me to get the efi as there's less to potentially break. He's been right - whole boat has been virtually bulletproof. If it has the vision keypad - that's the one weak link in my experience. When it decides to suck water and short - you'll be replacing it and the circuit box. It's an easy process and do it myself. BTW - touchpads are the weak link on any boat. All of them fail at some point.

Folks can call me irresponsible - but I haven't had an issue with the trailer except tail lights. Swapped all out to LED and that was the end of it. Have yet to open a hub or grease a bearing. Mine was perfect from the jump. I'll run 80 miles - check the hubs and they're no more than warm. Until I have an issue - I have no issues. I store with the swing away tongue open. Occasional shot of WD40 in the pivot and I'm good.

One of these days I'll part with the boat for something bigger and easier on my old sense of balance. I'm kinda spoiled as this one has been so good.