Ski Locker Replacement Lids

Hey all! I am currently redoing my 1995 Nitro 185 Sport Fish and Ski and need to replace the original ski locker lid (it's all bent out of shape). I can't seem to find one that is long enough to fit my cut out. The longest I've found is about 30" and I need something to fit a 36"x12" cut out. If you have any suggestions let me know. Thanks for any information!

2. Member
    Contact fishonfabrications.com. They do custom work for good prices.

3. Member
    Awesome I will definitely send them an email. Looks like they produce good products!

4. Member
    +1 Dawson will hook ya up.
    Quote Originally Posted by kirkster321 View Post
    Contact fishonfabrications.com. They do custom work for good prices.

5. Member
    May sound kinda kooky, but I've seen many locker lids of pleasure boats made of wood (teak or similar maybe). If this is too expensive, I'd say what was mentioned above is the way to go.

May be a bit spendy, but you could make a replacement out of Starboard material. Extremely durable, easy to clean, and completely waterproof. You'd likely need to add a reinforcement rib to the underside to stiffen it for foot traffic. There are sellers on ebay and amazon, some will cut to custom sizes as well.

7. Member
    If you can straighten your old one some you might be able to use it for a mold.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

8. Member
    I was thinking maybe making one out of teak. Would be a nice look on the boat! Boat Outfitters has one for about $200 which would be the same price to have one fabricated out of aluminum. Funny thing is I am not even going to use it for skis!! Thinking about turning it into a rod locker or maybe some extra storage. I just need to figure out the drainage situation. The water drains through there and the carpet that was there before was naaaaaasty! I will probably coat it with Durabak or something.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rhundemer View Post
    I was thinking maybe making one out of teak. Would be a nice look on the boat! Boat Outfitters has one for about $200 which would be the same price to have one fabricated out of aluminum. Funny thing is I am not even going to use it for skis!! Thinking about turning it into a rod locker or maybe some extra storage. I just need to figure out the drainage situation. The water drains through there and the carpet that was there before was naaaaaasty! I will probably coat it with Durabak or something.
    Did you ever figure out the lid and drainage solution? I am interested in doing the same to my 2018 Z19 Sport. Thanks!

10. Member
    I used to put a teak unit in my daycruisers that I built. I found having some venting helped the carpet dry faster and not get all nasty,
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR