Rookie Ultrex question

OK, I got to take my ultrex out for the first time today and I have couple of questions. First when I would hit the button and start moving I could take my foot off and the ultrex would keep running and I would have to tap it again to get it to stop. Is the that normal?

Second I notice my GPS puck would blink like every 10 to 15 second, is it suppose to do that or is something wrong?
    These might be dumb question but I can't seem to find the answers. Thanks

1. It is not normal for the motor to stay running after you take your foot off of the switch. It sounds like your switch needs an adjustment. You can search the forum on how to do that.

2. The puck that came with your Ultrex is not a GPS puck. It is a heading sensor and is used to tell the Ultrex which direction your boat is pointed. The GPS antenna is actually in the head of the Ultrex itself. The red light on the heading sensor that blinks on every so many seconds is normal and is telling you that it is paired with the Ultrex (bluetooth connection). If you haven't done so already, you need to do an on the water calibration of the heading sensor.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X