Who's ready for turkey season????

I just realized it's quickly approaching.... i gotta get some stuff ready....
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    I just realized it's quickly approaching.... i gotta get some stuff ready....
    Ready, the turkeys are ready, got to get one for two grandkids and couple of friends.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

3. Member
    Suprisingly, been hearing the Tom's in the morning the past two weeks or so. Seemed a little early for round here. I'm ready!

YEP ours is about a month out, taking the kids to see if they can both get there first Turkey this year. Daughter had a awesome chance with the crossbow in the fall while deer hunting but did not have a fall tag. Epic Dad fail on that one

5. Georgia Bass Club Moderator fishnfool38's Avatar
    Child/handicap opener this past weekend, this coming weekend is opener for the rest. I've not had a chance to get out and may not get to go this year the way it is looking to much going on.

I'm always ready, vest is still packed from last year, 870 is itching to belch some #4. My 6yr old is wanting to go badly, told him we will. That will be fun, he wants to hunt anything and everything.

Just picked up my license. Looking forward to shooting Mr. Gobbles in the face with some Hevi shot #7's.

Already been to Florida and South Texas. North Texas starts next Saturday, then on to Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and South Dakota. It never gets old.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

9. Member
    Getting close pulled the old singleshot out and gave it a good cleaning.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

10. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    2 weeks here. About two weeks too late.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

11. BBC SPONSOR
    roddy you are so right, our turkeys are going nuts right now. our season starts april 18th
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Bird Down in East Tennessee. I went this morning and froze my butt off and never heard the first peep out of any turkeys. I did have a bear come through the field I was set up in and that was pretty cool. I was about to give up around 12:30 and I had some live crows start calling and I heard one gobble. Made a few calls on my old box call and 30 minutes later 2 nice long beards came strutting in right to me. The one I shot had a 10 1/4" beard , 1 5/16" spurs and weighed in at 20 lbs. 4 ozs.

Awesome...i sucked up another bass tournament today...bought my Tenn license this evening, gonna give em a whirl in the morning....

Jonathan Hillstrand

14. Member
    Had a nice gobbler with an extremely long beard stroll through the yard at the farm. He is pushing his luck...

Had a bird talking to me this morning and had a herd of deer come thru and spook him a little but he started back up only to have a dog come thru running another and deer and that was it...oh well...couldn't get another one to play today...

Jonathan Hillstrand

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    Bird Down in East Tennessee. I went this morning and froze my butt off and never heard the first peep out of any turkeys. I did have a bear come through the field I was set up in and that was pretty cool. I was about to give up around 12:30 and I had some live crows start calling and I heard one gobble. Made a few calls on my old box call and 30 minutes later 2 nice long beards came strutting in right to me. The one I shot had a 10 1/4" beard , 1 5/16" spurs and weighed in at 20 lbs. 4 ozs.
    Congrats!! Pretty sure I'd had to make a special trip back to house to change my drawers depending on how close the bear was to me.

17. Member
    Maybe 60 or 70 yards was as close as he got to me and he only looked to be 100 lbs. or so. I was more worried that he might still be hanging out with mommy and I diffidently didn't want to meet her. After my initial shock I got my cell phone out and got some video of him going through the woods.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TNbasskicker View Post
    I was more worried that he might still be hanging out with mommy and I diffidently didn't want to meet her.
    Heard that, especially if you was between them!!