Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I hope so
    LoL.. So I looked up Georgia Boys.. Isn't that where LD thought we'd had lunch, when we tried describing where we were, that day prefishing? We may of been in the neighborhood, but it wasn't Georgia Boys..

Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    LoL.. So I looked up Georgia Boys.. Isn't that where LD thought we'd had lunch, when we tried describing where we were, that day prefishing? We may of been in the neighborhood, but it wasn't Georgia Boys..

no I don't think I was, but then again I'm not sure what that place was and I hope to never find out. Lol
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Were you guys down near Lake George? There is Renegades on the River that has a Tiki hut. GA boys is in Dunn's creek. There is Cheyenne's on the river heading towards Dunn's creek not too far from city docks that sits up on the hill.

4. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    We were a little further south than Dunns.. "Hermits Cove" is where we had lunch.. That's an actual picture of the place (above). We floated past it once.. Wasn't sure if it was open for business/bar or just a place to stop and party!
    They did have cold beer!! I'd go back! (2E would too) I'm almost positive Johnny Morris isn't gonna buy this place though..
    Last edited by Mickstix; 03-24-2018 at 08:57 AM.

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    We should have followed you two. Meister was packing.

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    We should have followed you two. Meister was packing.
    With him packin and you speaking in cursive.. Ya'll would of fit right in!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    Isn't JM supposed to be buying either Bassworld or GA boys on the St. Johns? Guy Harvey is building a big resort over in Cedar Key too.
    I would be pleased to see them buy Georgia Boys. The location is great, but the boat ramp could sure use some work. I darned near froze to death in one of their cabins one night.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

8. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickstix View Post
    With him packin and you speaking in cursive.. Ya'll would of fit right in!!

9. Member
    I get the whole saving Old Florida vibe but Camp Mack needs some money put into it. It would be really nice to have a paved road leading to the ramps so you dont have to have a mud bath for the boats and trucks or dust clouds choking everyone at the weigh ins. Hopefully make it easier to have 4 or 5 boats load at the same time. The lagoon at the ramps needs to be much deeper also so you dont jack up your motors during low water. If they do it right they can keep the Old Florida feeling with a few added amenities and make it a really enjoyable experience.

^^^^^^. I agree, it needs some work. I'm just hope it still stays afordable. I'd also like to see decent restaurant
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

11. Derek McCullough
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    ^^^^^^. I agree, it needs some work. I'm just hope it still stays afordable. I'd also like to see decent restaurant
    One that is open past 7PM, we just spent a week there and by the time we get off the water there is no where to eat and the hotel has went down hill bad. We have been there the last 5 years and this year we left a day early due to how nasty the hotel was, refrigerator quite working 3rd day there and had roaches crawling out of the bottom of it, by the dozens!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by derek81 View Post
    One that is open past 7PM, we just spent a week there and by the time we get off the water there is no where to eat and the hotel has went down hill bad. We have been there the last 5 years and this year we left a day early due to how nasty the hotel was, refrigerator quite working 3rd day there and had roaches crawling out of the bottom of it, by the dozens!
    Up river, 2 miles north of Camp Mack, Lake Hatchineha.
    Go to the NW side (county ramp) and there's a nice restaurant, The Port.
    Open until 9-10pm, depending on day of the week and time of the year.
    Good seafood and much more. Hope this helps you.

13. Member
    Well....thanks Guy Harvey. Put in at Mack this morning to find the ramp fees went up to $6. And so it begins.
    David Tervin
    2014 Ranger Z521C / Evinrude 250 ETEC HO
    Lakeland, FL

14. Member
    Great.. another Florida lake will be ruined. No more big bass because every tourist that stays for a week will load their ice chest full of bass fillets to bring home. Stayed on Okeechobee last spring before Irma and saw this first hand. The group in the rooms next to us were from Kentucky. 2 boats 4 guys and for 4 days straight they filleted 4 bass each day over 6 pounds. 2 of them were in the 10 pound range, not to mention the 3 and 4 pounders they kept as well. Calling FWC is a joke. Makes me want to go to Kentucky lake and return the favor on smallmouth, but I won't. I never understood why someone would filet a big female bass, but to each his own... Ok rant over.

15. Member
    Florida is done anyway. Outside of a few increasingly rare North Florida hideaways.

I can see myself driving 9 hrs to lake Talquin to go fishing....but dont worry, i will only keep one to eat.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12