Thread: Patoka

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    To the guys that stuck it out all day Saturday, you're crazy!! I came off the water at 10:45 and still can't feel my fingers 2 days later and the "boys" still haven't dropped back down to their normal position.
    March tournaments in Indiana are beyond stupid!! 1/3 of the field quit early for good reasons. It was a disaster from the start, it took 2 hours to get everyone launched, a boat capsized at the ramp before takeoff, the director had started the tourney and called all 133 boat numbers with plenty of boats still waiting to launch etc. It should have been rescheduled and that's me being nice about it. I wasn't involved but a few guys really lit into the director for having the tourney. Only good thing to come out of it is that it was sooooo damn bad I'm in a 107 way tie for 26th place in points.
    What was the deal with the boat capsizing at the ramp?

Lee, you now owe the State of Indiana a new keyboard and I now need another cup of coffee for the first paragraph...

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    Lee, you now owe the State of Indiana a new keyboard and I now need another cup of coffee for the first paragraph...
    I'm just bein honest chip, it was ungodly cold!! My co angler was wearing some Nike ball shoes and might have lost some toes to frostbite. It was pouring rain so his feet were soaked before we made our first stop and it was only 36 degrees with high winds out of the east. He couldn't feel his toes after a couple hours and my hands were numb. I know it won't do any good but flw has gotten emails today about the decision to fish. Lots of guys are upset and questioning why they schedule anything before April.

Quote Originally Posted by Thermodude View Post
    What was the deal with the boat capsizing at the ramp?
    Which one? I know 2 capsized and heard of a 3rd one but didn't see that 1 myself, I just saw the first 2. High winds from the east were blowing straight into the ramp, took a couple of big waves over the back and filled the bilge. Happened fast, I felt bad for those guys. 1 of them was damn near full of water all the way to the steering wheel, front half of the boat was sticking up. The second one was only partially full of water. Here's a pic of it at the ramp.

29513070_1733450673382427_2926495439531760546_n.jpg

5. Member
    [QUOTE=skeeterator;9220485]Which one? I know 2 capsized and heard of a 3rd one but didn't see that 1 myself, I just saw the first 2. High winds from the east were blowing straight into the ramp, took a couple of big waves over the back and filled the bilge. Happened fast, I felt bad for those guys. 1 of them was damn near full of water all the way to the steering wheel, front half of the boat was sticking up. The second one was only partially full of water. Here's a pic of it at the ramp.

[/QUOTE

I had a similar incident happen to me a couple of years ago over on the north ramp, strong front blew in and the waves were slamming everyone, knocked me sideways onto my trailer and slammed me up onto the trailer fenders, $3200 damage!

It was said the boat in that picture had lost all power before hand.....thats why it was on the ramp
    At least we had 1987....

I feel good about my decision to transfer my entry to Monroe now..

2018 Phoenix 921
    2018 Mercury 250 Pro xs
    Hotrod

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    I feel good about my decision to transfer my entry to Monroe now..
    That was like getting a check.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12