Thread: Quantum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I own Shimano diawa and quantum, like all about the same, quantums do seem to show a little more boat rash but work just fine. As far as poles send me all of your smokes, exo, and pt I will gladly take allyou have.

2. Member
    I’ve had great experiences with all my Quantum gear.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kb444fishing View Post
    I own Shimano diawa and quantum, like all about the same, quantums do seem to show a little more boat rash but work just fine. As far as poles send me all of your smokes, exo, and pt I will gladly take allyou have.
    I've got a few exo's I would sell if you're looking.

4. Member
    I have a specific model Quantum reel I find used on ebay and love them. Havent had a single issue. Even needed a replacement spool tension knob and Quantum sent it for free without question. Ive had the stupid expensive Shimano etc reels and just cant see enough (if any) difference between them to justify the cost.

5. Member
    Quantum is making some good stuff again. I have 4 Quantum Tour MG reels and they are very nice. I sold all my Gen3 Revo STX's and Premier's and replaced them with the Tour MG's. Had to keep my Gen3 Winches though :)

Just think how much of a disadvantage Jordan Lee had to overcome to win the classic using Quantum........poor bastard

Imagine it would be a run away with a steez in his hands.. ..lucky for the competition he had to use Quantum.

7. Member
    those Smoke rods are really good, especially for the money. Affordable, light, strong, what else do you need?

Their reels, ehhh. Great for a year then it seems every one of mine turn into an egg beater.

8. Member
    I am going on my 3rd year with Quantum Tour MG's and I am on the water about 70 days a year. They are holding up extremely well with very little boat rash. I use them mostly for jigs, soft plastics, and top waters. Been great for me.

9. Member
    Most of my baitcasters are Daiwa SV's. Most of my spinning reels are Quantum Smokes and Exo's with a few Shimano's tossed in. Have never had issues with any of them.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

I try to stay under $150 on all my reels. All of my PT reels from Quantum have been fine (Vapor, Kinetic, Catalyst, etc). I have a few Quantum Code reels that I got on sale that are paper weights at this point.

At the shows I work, the reels being bought are Lews, Shimano, Daiwa, & Revo. There is not even interest in Quantum

13 years ago I made the state BASS team, which received a discount on Quantum. I bought a handfull of products from them for that team and have been using them ever since, don't have a shimano left in my arsenal. I've had pretty much every high end model they've had and can tell you that the new Tour S3 baitcasting reel is one of the nicest ones they've ever made, worth picking up for a feel at the reel counter next time you are in the market.

13. Member
    I've been using Quantum since the early 90's, have only had an issue with one spinning reel, one of the early snapshots. Sent it in to them well out of warranty, it was 5 years old or so, expecting to have to pay to have it fixed, was returned to me less than a week later and repaired at no charge. I want to check out the new S3, might be time to upgrade some older reels I have.

14. Member
    If quantum products were in anyway hindering their ability to fish, they would use something else. Swindle seems to be able to skip those docks pretty well, and kvd can fire that crankbait further than anyone..... The top end stuff is good with all company's... Don't kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by slyz118c View Post
    If quantum products were in anyway hindering their ability to fish, they would use something else. Swindle seems to be able to skip those docks pretty well, and kvd can fire that crankbait further than anyone..... The top end stuff is good with all company's... Don't kid yourself.
    Maybe but Hackneys gear sounds TERRIBLE every time I hear it.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

16. Member
    I’m not a huge quantum fan and their paint jobs are terrible but the original smokes were solid reels for sure.

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Lost? They ever had it?
    wayyyy back in the day they did. on paper they always appeared to be the best bang for the buck and was all i used. the problem was they didn't last

18. Member
    Dont have the reels.
    Love my gen1 Smoke rods though, favorite rods I own.

I do like the new S3 reels my self. Seem hard to beat imo. See how they hold up.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Maybe but Hackneys gear sounds TERRIBLE every time I hear it.
    The ones my buddy owns are noisy also but it doesn't hinder performance. They've been good reels for 6 years or more he's had them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast