Merc monitor start up

I installed a used monitor that I pulled from my old boat that I sold. I just installed it today. The old boat was a key switch, this one is a push pad start. Is it necessary for the motor to start and run for the monitor to power up? I pushed the button and the motor chirped to indicate connection but the monitor did not power up. I seem to remember the old boat only showed the readout as the motor ran. Is this true?

I know all my Mercmonitors (4) came on with the key, not with engine start up.

Do you have a Mercmonitor or a Systemonitor (small square gauge).

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

3. Member
    Merc monitor level 1. Cannot remember if it came with power or start up. I will make sure I have good electric connection tomorrow

My MercMonitor comes on with the key switch in the "run" position with the motor off. Must be a way to do it with a push start.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    I have power from the connection to power source but nothing shows on monitor even with engine running. I then installed a vessel view Mobil that I have been using and it fails to show on my phone. The device does not show Bluetooth or smart craft connection on the display lights on the device.
    Thoughts?

6. Member
    I found the problem, it was a blown 5 amp fuse located in the fuse cap above the plug for the merc monitor cable. Hope this helps if somone else has this problem