Fortrex on the 518

I posted this is TM forum but thought maybe it could be solved or answered by owners with similar set ups. Please delete if I’m way off topic

Fortrex rubbing
    Installed newer fortrex on the boat this week...forgot to put Velcro strap on for first install and it worked flawlessly. Next I took off mount and placed strap between 2nd and 3rd set of bolts as per the manual. Now fortrex mount is rubbing plastic tabs and the locking mechanism slighty only on the right side when deploying or stowing. Is this because I can’t get mount level with the strap under it? Also is there a better location for the strap? is it a big deal if it rubs a bit? It is leaving black marks on side of aluminum arm...I’ve seen them under the front,back and middle of mount while looking at pictures of similar Rangers, is there a “best” location

2. Member
    A part of the strap near the buckle is doubled over for the stitching. Make sure that part isn’t under the bracket as it can cause the bracket to sit crooked. I put my strap in front of the most aft bolts with the buckle to the inside. The strap hangs over the side but it’s better than the buckle.

3. Member
    FWIW, I also have a 2016 z518 with fortrex, came from Ranger with the strap at the letter “A” (Kota).

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger6 View Post
    FWIW, I also have a 2016 z518 with fortrex, came from Ranger with the strap at the letter “A” (Kota).
    Mine too!

5. Member
    Abandoned the strap all together and installed TH Marine troll tamer