Thread: KY Lake BFL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KY Lake BFL

Looks like 8lbs got a check yesterday. Is that the lowest you guys have seen? I'm glad to get confirmation that the lake is fishing tough and it's not just me.

Teamdowork's little brother had 29 1/2 lbs, so he probably thinks the lake is fishing pretty good. For the rest of us, it was pretty miserable.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Haha, yea my bro hammered them sat.

4. Member
    Wow that is a crazy strong top end couple of bags (29lb8oz and 27lbs1oz) - but fell off fast and only 7 limits for the entire BFL field, ugg...not sure if a lot of folks didn't weigh in or blanked but 87th place was 1lb9oz - bulk of the guys below 40th-87th or so weighed in 1 or 2 fish - and the rest of the field (100+) was zero. Sounds tough.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

5. Member
    Seems like someone always get em.

6. Banned
    I think the weather played a big part in it.

7. Banned
    I went out Saturday afternoon for a little over an hour, boated a keeper in the first 10 minutes, would have loved to have caught a few more but the wind kept me from fishing where I wanted to fish. Nothing but dinks for me in the bay out of the wind.

Wind had been out of the west at the house nearly all morning, get to the lake and it's dang near straight north!

8. Member
    I,m glad to hear it too. I was frustrated yesterday in our club tournament. I normally think I can catch them this time of year but blanked. Out of 27 people only 8 caught a fish. No limits although one of the young guns did have 4 that weighed 20.9.
    Last edited by rockangler; 03-19-2018 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling

9. Member
    What were the water temps and is it still pretty muddy?

Quote Originally Posted by STLBassBuster View Post
    What were the water temps and is it still pretty muddy?
    The lake is in good shape except for it dropping a foot per day. Clarity is good and water temperature low to mid 50's. Asian carp are starting to jump on Barkley.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

11. Member
    For another data point - The Yeti College folks had a similar but actually slightly better results from a limit perspective (obviously a different format with team vs. individuals). The Yeti tournament clearly had weather related issues - but they caught about 18 or so limits the first day and 22 or so limits the second day out of 216 teams. The bottom 150-160 teams had less than 8-9lbs total for 2 days and 70+ teams blanked for both days.

Based on the results it seems like a few folks are figuring them out (Adrian College, Bethel, East TX U, KANE HACKEMACK, COLE FLOYD) - but not too many.

Good luck.

-Jonathan
    Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

12. Member
    Me and a buddy fished last weekend. Wasn't great but was fine. Got on the water about 8:30 and left about 11:30 or 12:00. During that time we caught 6 fish, 3 keepers, and one was a 6 lb 4 oz'er.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rockangler View Post
    I,m glad to hear it too. I was frustrated yesterday in our club tournament. I normally think I can catch them this time of year but blanked. Out of 27 people only 8 caught a fish. No limits although one of the young guns did have 4 that weighed 20.9.
    I fished it too. It was certainly a tough day for most of us. Its still better than being on the couch though!

My one bite that happened to be a 4 lber helped out a bit though. I cant wait for this weekend. Ha.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    225 Optimax

14. Member
    Is there a big tournament at KY Lake this weekend? Dates and ramp? Heard there was but can’t find any info
    2017 Nitro Z20 w/ Mercury 250 Pro XS
    MK Ultrex 112# Mega DI/ Mega 360
    Console: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MSI G3N
    Bow: Helix 10 MDI G3N-Helix 10 MDI G4N

15. Banned
    Ditch fish around Moore's it sounds like ?

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Combs View Post
    Is there a big tournament at KY Lake this weekend? Dates and ramp? Heard there was but can’t find any info
    Kayakbassfishing.com

750+ anglers, $100,000 to first place HQ is Paris but we can launch at any public ramp on KY and Barkely. Lake will be crowded to say the least.

I found this on another website...I feel for them. Saturdays forecast is 75% rain and 12 mph wind. Kayak's will be ricked like wood in every bay on KY and Barkley.

17. Member
    I wish the kayakers would take a boat ramp etiquette course. I was taking out at a private ramp Sunday and had to wait 25 minutes for a couple of them to completely assemble their boats paddles,rods reals Ext. Sometimes I wish I wasnt so polite.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smallmouthguy View Post
    I wish the kayakers would take a boat ramp etiquette course. I was taking out at a private ramp Sunday and had to wait 25 minutes for a couple of them to completely assemble their boats paddles,rods reals Ext. Sometimes I wish I wasnt so polite.
    They must of been from Illinois or Indiana then. I wish kayakers would realize that the middle of Kentucky Lake is not a place for a kayak, and almost none of them will use a flag to mark themselves.

19. Banned
    A kayak tx on Ky Lake is a time bomb waiting to happen.

20. Member
    There about a week ago. ~20 fish a day but bigger ones harder to come by. Roughly 15-16 lb per day. 29 is awesome. Congrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast