Thread: Jordan lee

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Just rounded the money hes won on bass, say the kid has won basically 1.1 mil, He's fished 52 tournaments, That comes out to 21,154 A TOURNAMENT!
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

2. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trickstick View Post
    Christie shook his hand before they weighed his fish...this is common. No one should question his sportsmanship.
    Bingo!!! JC showed true class exiting that stage quick and letting the kid have his celebration!!!

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

3. Member
    Congrats to Jordan, but has is Girlfriend figured out yet she is going to marry a Multi Millionaire
    Mark Hall
    Papa's Baits
    Memphis, TN
    Papasbaits.net
    Fishguardian.com
    TX3Bass 2011 AOY Sponsor

4. Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by papamark View Post
    Congrats to Jordan, but has is Girlfriend figured out yet she is going to marry a Multi Millionaire
    Bet the ol boy gets to go fishing whenever he likes with no complaints

Quote Originally Posted by lablazin View Post
    Christie didn’t even shake Jordons hand
    Probably because he was about to throw up. Can you even imagine being in his shoes. Being so close for the 2nd time and not being able to pull it off. There will be only a few times in his career that he is in a position to win the classic. I actually feel for the top 10. I'm sure each one has a story of what if. Meaning they had the winning fished hooked but didn't get it in the boat... Christie is a class act and I'm sure he'll congratulate Jordan if he hasn't already

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartman View Post
    Probably because he was about to throw up. Can you even imagine being in his shoes. Being so close for the 2nd time and not being able to pull it off. There will be only a few times in his career that he is in a position to win the classic. I actually feel for the top 10. I'm sure each one has a story of what if. Meaning they had the winning fished hooked but didn't get it in the boat... Christie is a class act and I'm sure he'll congratulate Jordan if he hasn't already
    He got the A A Rons

Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    he stated several times he was commited to what he was doing.Also you have to remember
    he doesn't know he only needed a 1.5lb fish.
    But he did know he needed five fish. If you see a fish under a dock (which he did), what better way to pick it off but with a wacky worm.
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    yessir, seemed like it was the pattern they were all into...
    Also a whacky worm around boat docks.

Jim Ebarb
    Many, LA (Toledo Bend Lake)
    2004 BassCat Cougar/ 225 Optimax

Humminbird Helix 12 Mega SI on Ram Mount and Lowrance HDS 8 in dash at console
    Humminbird Helix 12 Mega DI on Balzout mount and Lowrance HDS 7 at the bow

I don't think JC is as tore up as y'all think. I've heard him talk about stuff like this before and I'll bet he may of been upset for a short time but moved onto the Sabine River. He had his game plan and he stuck to it.

I could be wrong but seems like the best sticks in the Elites move on quick from failures.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscatcher89 View Post
    I don't think JC is as tore up as y'all think. I've heard him talk about stuff like this before and I'll bet he may of been upset for a short time but moved onto the Sabine River. He had his game plan and he stuck to it.

I could be wrong but seems like the best sticks in the Elites move on quick from failures.
    Yes and no.

Professionally, you are probably correct.

But man, it has to hurt!

11. Member
    I’ve fished one tournament against Jordan on Rayburn. I came in 3rd and he came in 4th. So if I beat the 2 time bass master classic champ what does that make me?

I did get to talk to him for an hour or so though and he is a great guy!

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS723 View Post
    I’ve fished one tournament against Jordan on Rayburn. I came in 3rd and he came in 4th. So if I beat the 2 time bass master classic champ what does that make me?

I did get to talk to him for an hour or so though and he is a great guy!
    You are clearly better than him!

Where do I put my money on you for next years Classic?

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TownesZ21 View Post
    You are clearly better than him!

Where do I put my money on you for next years Classic?
    ill send you my PayPal

14. Banned
    His story and what he described at weigh in kinda makes one think. I believe he didn't start fishing until he was 15? (If correct) it is 180* from many others on that stage and the acknowledged they had dreamed of that moment since early childhood.

Second he said he went into a cove he hadn't fished this week and it was stacked with fish. Funny how this fishing game works

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by papamark View Post
    Congrats to him and hopefully he does become a multi millionaire....

But besides tournament winnings, where will he make multi millions? I'm not a pro so don't know first hand but I have heard the top sponsorships might pay $1000-$2000 a month or pay for or throw in for the entry fees. From the pros I have spoken with, tournament winnings are the only way to make decent money fishing. Out of the 115 or so on the elite series, 30-40 guys have been there for more than 10 years. Those guys have figured out how to maintain but a good amount of them barely make it and you have some pro fishing careers ending in deep debt. I don't think very many pros make multi millions (except over long periods of time if they can make it long enough). The top of the game is KVD and an outlier. He has been fishing for 28 years and has made 6 million in tournament winnings..(who knows what he gets from sponsors) it's an average of 214k a year. Decent living but not rich. Even further, seems like every year the winnings are getting smaller and smaller. FLW has dropped from 125K to 100K. Classic winning used to be $500k even saw a 1 million dollar classic. Now it $300k. Certain BASS and FLW would like all to think that it's instant millionaire status but most likely it's not the total story.

The real unknown is what will a sponsor pay a young guy who just won BMC twice in a row?

It tickles me reading this stuff with the struggles I've had fishing this year not that I'm trying to compare but yall think all he had to do was pick up a Shaky head or wacky rig worm and catch his fifth fish...this guy is a professional and does this for a living and could quite possibly fish circles around any of us with our best technique...and some of y'all are playing Monday morning quarterback...it just wasn't his day...he struggled...hell one of the best fisherman I've ever seen in my life didn't even catch a fish on day one...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

They get paid appearance fees, bonus money, they copywrite their name so that's a big deal.... especially now will Jordan Lee...2 time classic winner his name and mug is only getting richer in the fishing industry...more ways to make money than just winnings and what you sell...most of them now have their hands in some sort of fishing related business...MLF is owned by a handful of them...Duckett owns all kinds of stuff now...Horton and his tackle company...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Simple - it’s a business and the majority of the long term income is most likely business related and not actual tournament winnings. I would assume 40% of that 300k is held back for taxes right out the gates...
    Scott

2022 Phoenix 21 PHX
    Solix & Helix w/ Mega Live
    MinnKota Ultrexx 36v 112
    Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    They get paid appearance fees, bonus money, they copywrite their name so that's a big deal.... especially now will Jordan Lee...2 time classic winner his name and mug is only getting richer in the fishing industry...more ways to make money than just winnings and what you sell...most of them now have their hands in some sort of fishing related business...MLF is owned by a handful of them...Duckett owns all kinds of stuff now...Horton and his tackle company...
    Yep dude up above you is crazy if you don't think they make money through sponsors and or tackle. Everywhere you look the pros have there own thing going...Cliff pace has his black label baits, John crews, J-will......Do you think Greg Hackney has made anything off of his "hack attack" jig with his face plastered all over it? What about Randy Howells crankbait? Everything from line slime to fillet knives to every piece of strike king tackle has KVDs face on it. You're crazy if you don't think they're getting paid....Not to mention seminar fees, commercials etc. Jordan Lee won't be hurting in the near future.

20. Member
    Congrats to Jordon Lee. He seems like a Great young Man. Good for him and Bass fishing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast