Thread: 95 200

95 200

Got a 1995 200HP 2.5 XRI Fuel injected. Will not get on plane. Will rev to 2100 RPM’s and no more. I tested the Stator and trigger per Mercury manual. New fuel pump, bulb, all gas lines new, all coils checked and oil pump has been bypassed. Now mixing fuel. Boat sat for ten years. We restored the boat and went through fuel system. With tournament season approaching I really need to get this going. If I take it to a merc mechanic will they be able to tell what’s up with it if they hook up a computer to it? Thank you all!!

It's probably the high side of the stator. A lot of times they'll check out good but they're not.
    1995 Allison XB-2003 225 Super Mag. It's slow and I'm ok with that.

3. Member
    Thanks! What is the part number for that stator? 40 amp.

need you serial number for that
    1999 ProGator 190V
    200 Mercury EFI 0G843298

5. Member
    Number plate is missing. From what I’ve been told there is a tag somewhere on the block with it stamped on it. I’ll just have to look over it.

6. Member
    got 2 regs or 1 water cooled on back ????? don't replace that stator unless your pos its bad they aint cheap,need voltage test on high side under load,many things can cause your symtoms, cds may not show fault
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

7. Member
    Thanks. I was looking for that S# tag and found some melted wires that were touching the block from the trigger. Going to rewire those and check all ignition wires. Then lake test.