HAMBY HEAVY DUTY KEEL

I have a 2012 Phoenix 921. I haven't been in the water for 5 months and when I pulled it out of the garage the keel guard was hanging about 1/2 off. Almost touching the spare tire. I was close to a Ranger dealer so ran it by there and they said they would fix it. Got a call 4 days later and they said they wouldn't be able to fix it. Mentioned they didn't have jigs to fix it. They had taken the keel the rest of the way off, I would have thought they would have figured out they couldn't fix it when I left it. It had yellow glue left on the boat where keel guard was. It easily came off at the carwash.

I have called the original dealer and they are contacting Hamby to see what they will do. Anybody have any experience with this and what I should expect as for what Hamby should do and what the dealer should do?

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    My thought is the Ranger dealer should have not removed it....left it for the original installer to look at it......hopefully you took some pics.....from a conversation with Hamby's on here they said it I put one on and it failed they would replace but labor cost would be up to the dealer on whether or not to charge me.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

I thought the Hamby's Heavy Duty were glassed in and that's why it had to be installed at the dealer. You say there was "yellow glue"?

4. Member
    They shouldn't have been able to remove it, I'd be finding the original dealer that improperly installed it to start with.

5. Member

6. Member