Thread: Fortrex rubbing

Fortrex rubbing

Installed newer fortrex on the boat this week...forgot to put Velcro strap on for first install and it worked flawlessly.

Next I took off mount and placed strap between 2nd and 3rd set of bolts as per the manual. Now fortrex mount is rubbing plastic tabs and the locking mechanism slighty only on the right side when deploying or stowing. Is this because I can’t get mount level with the strap under it? Also is there a better location for the strap? is it a big deal if it rubs a bit? It is leaving black marks on side of aluminum arm...I’ve seen them under the front,back and middle of mount while looking at pictures of similar Rangers, is there a “best” location?

Thanks
    B

2. Member
    Its really hard to discern exactly what you are talking about. As for the rubbing, it's going to happen. I don't use the strap but have a stabilizer bar and it does the trick for me. The strap is primarily used to keep the entire unit steady during travel or rough conditions. I wouldn't fret as long as it is doing it's intended purpose.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80