Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lakes near Hernando fla

I’m coming down the first week in April. And wondering if there are any good lakes around this part of Florida thinking on bringing my boat? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Lake Rousseau in Dunnellon about 30 minutes from Hernando.Henderson in Inverness, Hernando itself for me can be tuff but I've caught 3 fish in double digits.Harris is about 45 minutes away. I'd offer to take you out but my best friend is coming in from Texas. Any other help you need just ask or im me.

3. Member
    Thank you! That’s great! I will!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

4. Member
    I agree with the info JAZZ gave you. Right now the Harris Chain is hot. Plenty of lakes to choose from and they have all been hot. Lake Harris can be tough on a windy day.

5. Banned
    Don't discount the little known, hardly fished Lake Deaton. It produces good numbers and good size. Traveling from Hernando, it will be right off of 44 it is a little bit East of 75. It would be closer to You than that of Lakes Harris/Griffin.

I've been having real good luck on Lake Henderson/Little Lake Henderson. Catching most of My fish on a Mesu jig in Gizzardo 1/2 oz. I started using this jig because most of My fishing is in/near Lily pads. This jig has been the best so far of getting My baits through/over pads. It seems to be able to 'roll' through that 'V' of the lily pad leaf.

Have fun.

6. Banned
    Lake Deaton info:

https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp...22ZT&Name=Lake

http://discoversumterfl.com/lake-deaton-park-2/

Lake Okahumpka, another little lake was full of weeds to the point of it being non-navigable.

I spoke w/a tournament angler on Fri. who told Me that Lake Panasoffkee is again 'fishable' but added that there isn't any grass in it at all. Its been at least 10 months since I've fished there.

7. Member
    Thank you! You have got me excited to go to my mother-in-laws. Which doesn’t happen very often!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Lake Deaton info:

https://public.myfwc.com/LE/boatramp...22ZT&Name=Lake

http://discoversumterfl.com/lake-deaton-park-2/

Lake Okahumpka, another little lake was full of weeds to the point of it being non-navigable.

I spoke w/a tournament angler on Fri. who told Me that Lake Panasoffkee is again 'fishable' but added that there isn't any grass in it at all. Its been at least 10 months since I've fished there.
    How is the ramp at Deaton?

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    How is the ramp at Deaton?

I've only launched/loaded at The Public Park. There really isn't a ramp per se, more like a Slough w/a fishing pier next to it. Here is a link, if it has switched over then look at "photos"

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...DboQoioIggEwCg

10. Member
    It can be hit or miss when the water is below full pool.
    "Lew" and I have been there a time or two where we could not launch but usually that is in the Summer.
    Last edited by earthworm77; 03-26-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Question everything!

11. Member
    I went today cool little lake I caught 1 flipping cattails along the houses. And 3 in the pads offshore. water looked good there could be some giants in there

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

many boats ? No problem launching ?

13. Member
    there were a few boats. no issues launching

Rick Someillan
    Lacoochee, Florida
    2016 21 TRX
    250 Pro XS

14. Member
    Man i can’t wait! Thank you for all the great input!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

15. Member
    The wife and I looked around Lake Harris today for a few hours. The lake was a sheet of glass. Found open water hydrilla everywhere. We fished in 9 to 10 feet of water. Open water fishing isn't really my thing. We fished for about 3 hours total. Boated 9 total. Biggest 5 went 11 to 12 pounds. Nothing great, but it was fun fishing a style I normally don't do. I felt strange not having a flipping stick, swim jig or swimbait tied on.

16. Banned
    [QUOTE=TritonBrad;9215310]The wife and I looked around Lake Harris today for a few hours.

Hey Brad- Next time down that way, there are really good spots right near the launch on 27 (Sportsman's Park maybe? The launch is off of 27 off of 44. When You motor out of the launching bay, to the left, that first corner comes out to a point and they get loaded up on both sides. Just start at the shore and move out. That first cove on the left is great w/a Sammy similar and then frogs/swimbaits all the way back in there. To know You're in the correct spot there are stuffed monkeys/apes in the trees...

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PASCOFISHBOY View Post
    I went today cool little lake I caught 1 flipping cattails along the houses. And 3 in the pads offshore. water looked good there could be some giants in there

Next time try the pads lining the shore ACROSS from the launch (public park/launch-see map) There were old trees they took out of the water but they just cut them off and they've become bushes and are full underneath the surface. So instead of growing UP they are growing OUT. You'll be able to see and will be able to differentiate between plain crap.

18. Member
    Is there any local tackleshops around this area. I love supporting the local business?
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    Is there any local tackleshops around this area. I love supporting the local business?
    Bookers in Leesburg

20. Member
    Thank you
    anytime you all visit North Carolina. I can help you all on Kerr,Falls,Sharion Harris let me know.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast