Motorguide Bad Threading Issue

I have a Motorguide X3 that is roughly 10 months old. I fish about as much as any other tournament angler. A few trips ago I noticed the screws on the deploy arm were loose. I tightened them down and forgot about it. Well, next trip out which happened to be the next tournament I fished they were both loose again and I noticed the threading was bad. By the end of the day I had one bolt still attached....now I have none. I went to the hardware store and got replacements but don’t know what to about the bad threading.

Ive heard Motorguide products have went way down hill but is it really that bad?

Suggestions on what to do here? It should be under warranty still

Left Side

Right Side

Perspective
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Year Warranty on all MG products. I'd definitely be giving MotorGuide a call. Definitely not a normal condition I would think.
    http://www.motorguide.com/support/warranty
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

3. Member
    I had the same problem with my X3 - the bolt on the left side broke before I ever put it in the water. Took it to a repair shop and they got the broken bolt out and rethreaded the hole - put a new bolt in it - problem solved? No - it eventually wallowed the hole out and bolt fell out. Problem is they are putting a stainless bolt into threaded aluminum - how is that supposed to last? I had to buy an entirely new bracket - Motorguide wanted 300.00 for one but I found one at the repair shop for 200.00. Poor design? You bet

4. Member
    If Motorguide won't fix it for free, find a good mechanic and install two Helicoils, then tighten the new bolts with Loctite. I think I'd use blue, but if you're worried about them coming out use red.

With Motorguide losing so many customers to MK, you'd think they would do what they could to keep what they have!
    Just can't leave well enough alone!!

98 Stratos 273 w/ 150 Faststrike

6. Gar & Mudfish expert! :/ Mickstix's Avatar
    Bummer.. If my "Tour" ever dies, I'll just have to get used to a MK.. Motorguide done gone the route of Shimano it appears..

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    If Motorguide won't fix it for free, find a good mechanic and install two Helicoils, then tighten the new bolts with Loctite. I think I'd use blue, but if you're worried about them coming out use red.
    This ^^^
    I keep Heli-coil repair kits in my shop
    Very easy to use
    Finish with loc-tite

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson