Thread: Advice please

Advice please

I'm considering adding a Garmin unit and Panoptix. I currently have all HB's with 360 on boat and I'm not getting rid of them. Just looking to add a basic unit and a Panoptix transducer. From my research, I'm thinking something like a 94 series and a PS21. Would the 9" screen be adequate for viewing the Panoptix? I want to stay cheap as possible with still being able to see the screen ok. Any advice is appreciated.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

2. Member
    Yep your on the right path unless you want ps22 for downview also.

Will the 94 series work with Panoptix even without a 2d transducer installed? I only plan on using Panoptix with it.
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Must be a Chirp 9x series to work with Paoptix. Panoptix does not have fine detail so 7" screen should be fine. Yes you can use just the panoptix TD.

I have a PS21 for sale in Electronic for sale forum

5. Member
    If your'e happy with your Humminbird mapping, then you can save a little money and get a 92sv instead of the 94sv...it doesn't come with the bundled offshore charts.

6. Member
    I’m also going to do the same, but PS22-TR. What is the difference between the ECHOMAP Plus 93 sv and the 94 sv.
    Thanks,
    Thanks,

Stan Stone
    Lexington, NC (High Rock Lake)

https://youtube.com/c/StanStoneFishing

7. Member
    93 comes with inland maps, 94 with blue water. 93 comes with 52 xd, 94 with 51 xd.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    93 comes with inland maps, 94 with blue water. 93 comes with 52 xd, 94 with 51 xd.
    I don’t have any experience with Garmin, which one is better 93 or 94?
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

I went to West Marine yesterday just to check out screen sizes. I think the 7” screen is plenty big enough to see just fine. That saves a little $$. I think the PS22 would be a better option than the 21. Does anyone know if the PS22 will mount on either side of tm?
    NRA Life Member

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    I don’t have any experience with Garmin, which one is better 93 or 94?
    Same unit. Neither is better. Just different maps and different transducers. Most freshwater folks get the 93 for the inland maps and 52 transducer. I agree with how Garmin has packaged this stuff. 93 generally for inland and 94 for the deeper fishing.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

11. Member
    Just got off the phone with Brian (BBG) he answered my questions between the two. I’m going to go with the Echomap Plus 93SV without transducer and the PS22-TR. I’m going to use my Helix 9DS and the 93SV for Panoptix only.
    Thanks,

Stan Stone

Quote Originally Posted by StanS View Post
    Just got off the phone with Brian (BBG) he answered my questions between the two. I’m going to go with the Echomap Plus 93SV without transducer and the PS22-TR. I’m going to use my Helix 9DS and the 93SV for Panoptix only.
    I didn’t know BBG sold Garmin. Didn’t see it on their website.
    NRA Life Member

13. Member
    would a striker 9 plus sv work for panoptics? that would save about $250. I know striker is not touch screen but is touch necessary for panoptics

14. Member
    Strikers don't do Panoptix. Go with either echomap Plus 7sv or 9sv; 9sv if you can stand it. Then later get Panoptix.

Still researching before I pull the trigger. Can the PS22-tr be mounted to either side of the tm?
    NRA Life Member

Yes. I believe if you want to use the down feature it must be on the barrel of the TM and not the shaft.

You can only use forward Panop or down panop at one time. Not both together. You loosen the knob and manually turn the transducer.