Back up and on the road

Got all my parts and rebuilt the coupler and power bled the brakes my z521c is back in action.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member

May i ask what you used to power bleed? Vacuum pump or something else?

5. Member
    Champ223 I used a silverline high quality vacuums pump that I bought at a local auto shop and pulled down to 45-60 psi and bled a half of a 32oz bottle of Lucas synthetic brake fluid through the lines and then drove the trailer around to work out the air bubbles that might be left behind and then jacked up the rear of the trailer and left the tongue down strapped the surge brakes engaged position and cracked each brake line block one at a time to get just a little bleed out then retighten them back tight at caliper and re bled the rest of the bottle of fluid through the system, they are better than factory now, this whole problem started when I had the dealership replace a torsion axle under warranty.

6. Member
    so what does air feel like on a trailer compared to vehicle ? curious since with vehicle you get a spongy feeling. I noticed with my new ranger trailer i get one wheel tends to lock up when going over my curve driveway, almost feels like i’m scraping my trailer on ground

7. Banned
    Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TopgunZ521C View Post
    Champ223 I used a silverline high quality vacuums pump that I bought at a local auto shop and pulled down to 45-60 psi and bled a half of a 32oz bottle of Lucas synthetic brake fluid through the lines and then drove the trailer around to work out the air bubbles that might be left behind and then jacked up the rear of the trailer and left the tongue down strapped the surge brakes engaged position and cracked each brake line block one at a time to get just a little bleed out then retighten them back tight at caliper and re bled the rest of the bottle of fluid through the system, they are better than factory now, this whole problem started when I had the dealership replace a torsion axle under warranty.
    Thanks! I have to bleed mine in the next few weeks. My plan was to use the vacuum pump

9. Member
    Are you 2 or 4 wheel disc?

10. Member
    Padronannaverary: the trailer will be clunking when you hit the brakes and when you take off at a light, also you will feel the trailer push the tow vehicle. Just get going across a empty parking lot or on a street at about 10 mph come to a stop gently then get out and look at your trailer tongue if the front surge brake pin is all the way to the rear of the slot you've got brake issues that pin should be approx 1/2 of the slot total movement.

11. Member
    Champ 223 you have to have somebody filling the master cylinder constantly if you pull so much fluid that the master cylinder pulls air you have t o bleed the M/C again then start all over again. Start out slow and easy and drop the tongue all the way down so as the air can travel up hill easily towards where your bleeding the brakes from and when finished winch the trailer up level and top off fluid level.

It’s 4 wheel disc. When you use the pump can the tongue be in out? (Non braking position) trying to figure out if it will allow fluid flow if the master cyl is not engaged?

13. Member
    Fluid will flow don't matter position all you have to do is pull the front port wheel passenger side of boat if your brakes go from M/C to driver front to driver rear to passenger rear to passenger front.

14. Member
    Make sure the trailer is tilted down in front and check fluid after each time you bleed the system go slow to start small amounts of vacume pressure.