Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Do's and don'ts of bassboats. Don't drill a hole in the transom or bottom. End of story.

2. Member
    I thought Ranger setbacks did not drain into the bilge?

i have never owned a Ranger, so this may not be correct.

3. Banned
    You could use silicone 4200 witch is not permanent, or 5200 that is permanent. I would redo with 5200

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    If it were mine, I would use a thru hull fitting, like what is on your live well and bilge pump drains, properly installed and sealed with 4200. I would then insert a drain plug from the inside to seal the hole tight. This way, from the outside, it would just look like a live well overflow or something, and the plug will keep it from leaking. I wouldn't trust any kind of goop or compound to seal a one inch hole, and it would likely be pretty spendy to have a fiberglass shop repair and re-gel the area. Good luck!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/T-H-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    This guy^^^^^^ wow he's really smart

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassnailer View Post
    If it were mine, I would use a thru hull fitting, like what is on your live well and bilge pump drains, properly installed and sealed with 4200. I would then insert a drain plug from the inside to seal the hole tight. This way, from the outside, it would just look like a live well overflow or something, and the plug will keep it from leaking. I wouldn't trust any kind of goop or compound to seal a one inch hole, and it would likely be pretty spendy to have a fiberglass shop repair and re-gel the area. Good luck!

https://www.cabelas.com/product/T-H-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Probably your cheapest, best looking option. At least til you get it fixed right. I would do this, caulk the fitting in good and forget about it. Great Idea
    p

6. Member
    from a chemistry standpoint, a urethane is the best way to keep water out, not silicone.

I see your from California.

8. Member
    Yes, N. California

9. Member
    Go back to whoever installed it and let them know the problem. Have you even notified them yet?

10. Member
    Reroute and get the hole fiberglassed etc and the very least use 5200 takes forever to set and Will run on warm days but once set it's there! Should always use 5200 or at least 4200
    2001 2200v Pathfinder, 150 HPDI,
    Helix 9si on the console and a 998c HD SI on my iPilot Riptide
    Diablo Amigo Kayak

11. Member
    Put you a thru hull temp sensor on it and get the transducer redone. I bought a new Z520 last year and it came with a thru hull temp sensor in the setback area, probably about a inch hole is what it requires, Mine leaked like a sieve the first day I put it in the water , found the nut was less than hand tight inside the bilge area. Put some silicone around it from the inside and tightened the nut with channel locks and its been bone dry since.

12. #FRB
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    Go back to whoever installed it and let them know the problem. Have you even notified them yet?
    He already explained twice that he doesn't know who installed it. At this point I agree the repair is on him since even if he found out who did it it's his word against theirs.
    2023 Xpress H18 with 115 SHO and Powertech NRS4 21p
    8" Bob's Action Jack
    Garmin Echomap 12, 10, 9, and LVS34 networked with Netgear Switch
    Ultrex
    Trick Steps and Ramp N Clamp
    Pulled by a 2016 single cab HEMI Ram

Treat others like you want to be treated when on the water EVEN WHEN IN A TOURNAMENT! No fish is worth having a confrontation because you cut someone off or came in on top of someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12