How to hide troll bar

On an hds gen3 running version 7, connected with nmea2k gateway to a Yamaha F250. how do I hide (permanently) the troll bar on the left hand side? I went to settings > advanced > features > Yamaha and turned off the Yamaha engine features, which removes the troll bar. If I turn the engine off then back in, the troll bar shows up again. If i do the same thing and turn on the Yamaha feature then off again, the troll bar goes away.

i’d like for the bar to be permanently hidden vs having to turn it off, on, off again everytime I am drift fishing.

the bar is in the same location as a trolling motor bar for reference.

any help?

btw, same issue existed with version 6 of the software. I upgraded today for fish reveal and was hoping this bug is fixed but doesn’t seem to be.....

2. Member
    Go to settings > Advanced > Features > option should be in there. Turn it off. Along with whatever else that you don't need.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Thanks. That’s exactly what I do, but it seems to come back after restarting the engine. If I go into the dances setting, it shows off yet the troll bar is still there. I have to turn it ON, then OFF again for the troll bar to go away. That setting doesn’t seem to save either. Every time I take the boat out, I have to go and turn the Yamaha troll bar off as it always comes back on upon restarting the hds gen3 unit. It isn’t persistent through reboots.

Any help?

4. Member
    Do you have multiple units networked together?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

5. Member
    Single unit. Gen3 HDS 12.
    Items on the NMEA2K network that the Gen3 is connected to: Yamaha Gateway (F250 & Yamaha 6YC gauge), Lowrance Link-8 VHF/AIS, Point 1.

6. Member
    That is strange. If i remember correctly, I remember i had to turn certain features off prior to me hitting the troll bar first for it to work. Every time i turn it off it would require a restart. The last setting i turn off was the trolling bar features.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

7. Member
    Any other ideas guys?

8. Member
    Hello, which yamaha you have to have troll bar on hds display?

Quote Originally Posted by Omarf4 View Post
    On an hds gen3 running version 7, connected with nmea2k gateway to a Yamaha F250. how do I hide (permanently) the troll bar on the left hand side? I went to settings > advanced > features > Yamaha and turned off the Yamaha engine features, which removes the troll bar. If I turn the engine off then back in, the troll bar shows up again. If i do the same thing and turn on the Yamaha feature then off again, the troll bar goes away.

i’d like for the bar to be permanently hidden vs having to turn it off, on, off again everytime I am drift fishing.

the bar is in the same location as a trolling motor bar for reference.

any help?

btw, same issue existed with version 6 of the software. I upgraded today for fish reveal and was hoping this bug is fixed but doesn’t seem to be.....