Panopyix ps 31 install question

I'm installing this ps31 on a manual deploy pole. It will be mounted just like the trolling motor mount in the first picture. Can anyone tell me if it's matters what way it's mounted in bracket. You can mount it either with the Garmin logo towards the trolling motor shaft or 180 deg facing out toward open water. One end of the transducer also has a spot on it where it looks like they filled the transducer at factory. Thanks Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    I can't tell from your picture for sure but it looks like it is backwards. Look at this picture to see if it answers your question.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    So from your attached picture it shows the logo facing out toward open water. Does anyone know what the image on the unit would look like if it was installed backward.

4. Member
    I guess you could try it and show us. Haha!!! If you do, please post some screenshots. The PS30 has a control setting in the software to indicate that you have reversed the installation. I've not seen this option though for the PS31.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    So I’m leaving on a trip and won,t have any On water testing time before I leave. So I’d really like to make sure I install this correctly. Can someone that has a ps31 mounted on the trolling motor shaft like in the picture verify which way the Garmin logo is facing. Thanks Steve

I dont understand your question/problem. It only goes on one way

7. Member
    I don't have mine mounted right now. I'm using the PS22. Here is how to assemble and mount it.

I didn't see MonteSS post when I did mine. They are the same except how he ran the cable up the shaft.

8. Member
    Thanks a picture is worth a 1000 words. My issue is you can mount the transducer in the mounting bracket either the way you have your or turned 180 deg. Your picture shows me what I need to know. Thanks everyone for the help.

9. Member
    And by the way I did have it backwards. Thanks again guys for the fast response.
    Steve