Skirt and Jig Ties

For those of you who are as anal as I am....Home Depot now sells wire ties of the right size in tan and a color that looks remarkably like green pumpkin.

2. Banned
    Hello- I'm awaiting a plethora of these jigs from TackleWhorehouse™

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/MESU_...e-MESURAP.html

These jigs are great BUT the skirts are affixed w/a rubber collar. So I'd be curious as to which wire-ties You're referring to? Could You add a link if time permits?

These jigs are by far the best bait I've found for getting over/through Lily pads. The head on these are 'funny' and no weed guard and they are 'free swinging'. I've had the same one on since late Jan. and the rubber band shows no wear & tear but if I can wire-tie the batch I got coming I'd feel better..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Hello- I'm awaiting a plethora of these jigs from TackleWhorehouse™

http://www.tacklewarehouse.com/MESU_...e-MESURAP.html

These jigs are great BUT the skirts are affixed w/a rubber collar. So I'd be curious as to which wire-ties You're referring to? Could You add a link if time permits?

These jigs are by far the best bait I've found for getting over/through Lily pads. The head on these are 'funny' and no weed guard and they are 'free swinging'. I've had the same one on since late Jan. and the rubber band shows no wear & tear but if I can wire-tie the batch I got coming I'd feel better..

Thanks
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...-200/203531949

4. Banned
    Copy. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post

Thanks
    My favorite spinnerbaits come that way. I just tie them with 22 or 24 ga wire right in front of the band. They don't slip and if the band rots off it doesn't affect the skirt although they usually break before the band rots off.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

The craft wire is cheap and easy to find at Wal Mart or Hobby Lobby

What gauge wire do you like, Mark? Something around 28 or 30 swg? Most hardware stores don't carry anything smaller than 22swg and it's too big, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    What gauge wire do you like, Mark? Something around 28 or 30 swg? Most hardware stores don't carry anything smaller than 22swg and it's too big, IMO.

Not at home to check but I want to say mine are 22-24ish?

This is what I use https://fishingskirts.com/product/co...ng-wire-30-ga/
    But have used 26 and 28 gauge and it works fine ,,, you can also get wire at hobby lobby in blue , black , red or copper if you want different colors

Never tried the zip ties, interesting idea
    Last edited by River-Bandit; 03-29-2018 at 09:13 AM.

10. Member
    22 or 24 ga is the way to go... Just wondering about the zip ties like River Bandit, the knot head on the zip tie especially. Does it interfere or flair the skirt?