Problem With Z521C

Guys my live well valve located next to my bilge pump froze and busted. I made sure no water was in the live wells/hull to ensure no problems. After the mechanic replaced the switch we both agreed this is a design flaw. The valve sets 2 inches lower than the drain hose so the water cannot completely drain. I cant raise the valve because of the PVC piping.

Anybody else have this problem?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Always treat the wells with RV antifreeze before storage, never had a problem. $5 every year

I have a 23$ 1 gallon shop vac, late in the year i dump it out, plug the hoase into the" out" of the motor and blow all my plumbing out, i feel it's more healthy for the fish than rv antifreeze, and yes i know rv antifreeze is "safe"
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rock View Post
    Guys my live well valve located next to my bilge pump froze and busted. I made sure no water was in the live wells/hull to ensure no problems. After the mechanic replaced the switch we both agreed this is a design flaw. The valve sets 2 inches lower than the drain hose so the water cannot completely drain. I cant raise the valve because of the PVC piping.

Anybody else have this problem?
    Actually, no, I haven’t had that problem. I live in northern Ohio and store my boats in an unheated garage. Just set the livewell to “empty,” drive home, and put it in the garage. No other attempt to blow out lines or install anti-freeze, and no issues ever. My last boat was a 520C, which ought to be engineered as yours is. Not sure what could have created your freezing issue....
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    Vacuum with shop vac. Had a frozen valve on my last boat.

6. Banned
    I pour RV antifreeze down each pump out fitting at the hull. Put a gallon in the livewells and run on recirc. Then drain everything into a catch pan. Never had a problem. The Shop Vac Idea seems like a good one.