What Chirp Transducers for EchoMap Plus or Sriker Series units

I am looking for a 9" Garmin unit that is compatible with GT8HW-TM chirp transducer. Any direction helpful. Will this Transducer cover freshwater effectively from depths from 5' to 60'?

What army options?
    Last edited by deepanchor; 03-17-2018 at 12:37 PM.

2. Member
    Too many to list. The GT8 is a chirp transducer so you need a chirp unit. You said 9 inch so the the echomap chirp 93sv fits the bill as well as the echomap Plus units. Then you have a bunch of "xs" and "xsv" units in the GPSMAP line. Narrow it down to a couple and if you still have questions post the model numbers of the ones you are looking at.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

Thanks! Thats what I needed to know.

Quote Originally Posted by LWINCHESTER2 View Post
    Too many to list. The GT8 is a chirp transducer so you need a chirp unit. You said 9 inch so the the echomap chirp 93sv fits the bill as well as the echomap Plus units. Then you have a bunch of "xs" and "xsv" units in the GPSMAP line. Narrow it down to a couple and if you still have questions post the model numbers of the ones you are looking at.

Will the new Striker 9" chirp units work with this transducer? To think you can purchase a 9' unit $699, wow!

5. Member
    Yes. Both the new and old Striker units will work with Garmin chirp transducers. You may have to add adapter cables to match up the pins. I don't know that Garmin addressed this. When I did it I had to have the dual 4 pin to 12 pin adapter and then a second 12 pin to 8 pin adapter. Looked real convoluted but worked.
    Last edited by LWINCHESTER2; 03-18-2018 at 08:18 AM.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

LW, Thanks so much. With so many options you are helping me navigate toward a more informed decision for my electronics/fishing strategies. Thinking of putting a Striker 9" for for sonar work and the Echomap SV series next to it at the helm for my N2k Engine data and mapping then use Active captain to wirelessly share waypoints via my iPhone. Then put a 9" Striker at the bow to do the same. Then all I need to do is purchase two UltraHD cards for the lakes I fish (Bow Striker and Console SV). This path seems more economical vs GVC-10 black box network share. Plus I'd have to purchase more expensive units to share mapping and waypoints. So I feel I'm on the right path.

7. Member
    I have a 73sv with chirp. Will that transducer work on the new echo map 73 or 93 sv plus?