Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ultrex pedal stuck

Ultrex pedal is stuck it will not move, the pedal will move freely if I grab the head of the motor. Once I put my foot on the pedal it will not budge.

Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    Ultrex pedal is stuck it will not move, the pedal will move freely if I grab the head of the motor. Once I put my foot on the pedal it will not budge.
    I believe this is a somewhat common issue in the earlier models. I think you’ll need to take it to a repair center, they replace a circuit board or something to fix it. I took mine in for a broken steering cable a few months ago and the repair center replaced the circuit board also as a preventive measure. Should be a quick fix, just inconvenient.

3. Member
    Another issue I discovered is that spot lock dose not work either.

4. Member
    If it is a older model the foot pedal sensor board is the issue. It needs to be changed. that is the reason it is not working when you put your foot on the foot pedal and it does not stay in spot lock. Bring o an ASC and they will change it under warranty.

5. Member
    I just bought a new Ultrex manufactured in January. Installed it yesterday and the foot control pedal doesn't move so it appears this is still an issue with new Ultrex's also.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

6. Member
    This is the 4th trip with an ultrex purchased one month ago.

Guys make sure it is powered up or it will not move

8. Member
    Mine will run it just wont turn using the foot control or the remote. It can be turned manually by grabbing the head and turning it. The remote will also run it, but it won't turn it.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

9. Member
    I don"t know what to tell you. Here is what needs to happen. You have to make sure you have power and you have to make sure you have the troll motor deployed for anything to work.
    The fact that the foot pedal does not move the head and does not stay in spot look is something related to the sensor board, power, or deployment.Remote possibility that it is the main board, but with me being here and you being there it is difficult to fix an problem on the computer. When you say head do you mean the motor itself or the part where the wires attach to the motor. Just to be clear.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chwebmaker View Post
    Mine will run it just wont turn using the foot control or the remote. It can be turned manually by grabbing the head and turning it. The remote will also run it, but it won't turn it.
    Can you hear the steering motor try to turn when you use either the footpedal or the remote? I'm more inclined to think a steering module issue instead of control boards, however, like said above some problems are hard to diagnose over the computer. It needs to go to an ASC.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

11. Member
    No noise at all when I try to push on foot pedal or use remote to turn motor. I meant manually turning the top of the motor from the head. That is the only way I can change direction. I talked to Minn Kota this morning. Diagnostics over the phone didn't work. I dropped it off at an ASC this morning. I will say I was tempted to buy another one from a big box store and just return this one to the store, but either way is a hassle. I'll let you know what the problem ends up being.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

12. Member
    There is a plug under the cover where the cables go into the steering module. Possible that plug has become loose or unplugged.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    [/SIGPIC]

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    I don"t know what to tell you. Here is what needs to happen. You have to make sure you have power and you have to make sure you have the troll motor deployed for anything to work.
    The fact that the foot pedal does not move the head and does not stay in spot look is something related to the sensor board, power, or deployment.Remote possibility that it is the main board, but with me being here and you being there it is difficult to fix an problem on the computer. When you say head do you mean the motor itself or the part where the wires attach to the motor. Just to be clear.
    This problem occurred while on the water while fishing a tournament. It is only the fourth trip. I ran to my first spot and fished for about an hour and a half then the pedal started acting up it became stuck and very difficult to move the pedal, then all the sudden it would work fine, then become difficult to move again. I tried to trouble shoot the problem one the water l removed the pedal from the tray to see if anything was obstructing movement then tried adjusting the cable tension to no avail. I came to the conclusion based on the way the motor was acting that the problem has to be electrical. Meaning a problem with the board etc. The motor is currently at the minn kota repair facility. I believe this is a known problem that many others have had. I also noticed after a while that spot lock was not working either.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder;9201564.
    I believe this is a known problem that many others have had. I also noticed after a while that spot lock was not working either.
    Although the problem you're having is similar to the sensor board issue, the difference is when the sensor board went bad the remote would still work. You said the remote wouldn't work either. this is leading me to think the plug between the control board and the steering module is loose or unplugged.
    John
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Although the problem you're having is similar to the sensor board issue, the difference is when the sensor board went bad the remote would still work. You said the remote wouldn't work either. this is leading me to think the plug between the control board and the steering module is loose or unplugged.
    John
    Is that the same as the steering motor connection plug that is under the connector cover? I unplugged that and pushed it back in 3 times but that didn't make a difference.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

16. Member
    Yes, it's the same plug. If you've made sure on it, then the ASC that has eyes on it will get you going.
    Friday 8am-12pm
    [/SIGPIC]

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Yes, it's the same plug. If you've made sure on it, then the ASC that has eyes on it will get you going.
    Thanks for the advice John. Hopefully they will get everything fixed soon.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

18. Member
    Officially Hijaked.lol

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marlon crowder View Post
    Officially Hijaked.lol
    Sorry Marlon. Sounds like your Ultrex has the same problem mine has. And spotlock doesn't work on mine either.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250

20. Member
    Having same issue foot pedal won't work but remote does. What is the fix? I recently had the momentary botton on the pedal replaced, now this!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast