OX66 Bleed Recirculation Valves

2000 VX225TRLY - can't find any solid information about these. Parts diagrams only list a "nipple/hose" at the reed block and cylinder. Are there in fact, check valves on this motor? I've pulled hoses at the cylinders on 4 and they all pass air both ways. Can't imagine I have 4 out of 6 bad but anything is possible. Still hunting down fouled plug/s problem. Ideally, just need to know if there are check valves or just pass-through nipples as outlined in the pic below.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

2. Member
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

3. Member
    That was the slobber hoses I was referring to in your other post. Don't remember any checks in them, just check for air leaks. What spark plugs are you running? CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

4. Member
    Br9hs-10. Have a set of br8s to roll in
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

5. Member
    I am running the 8's with good success. My engine also is rich, I can only assume the heads are doing this but they make a big difference. Cj

6. Member
    Here are the plugs after 1hr run time this evening. 1st pic is port side top to bottom - bottom plug (#5?) is black as night. 2nd pic is stbd side top to bottom. These look wet but ok, so far. Motor ran great coming off the trailer. Just like clock work - stop to fish for an hr or so, crank it back up and it doesn't want to rev. Take it out of gear and whack it a couple times and then it comes on plane and runs.

Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

7. Banned
    Parts diagram lists them as hose niples. Imo these should be check valves (one directional) but it doesn't apear so.
    Check the shift cut out switch at the shift linkage and adjust it or simply disconect it at the connection plug. This switch cuts off ignition to two cylinders when shifting out of gear. When it makes contact to groud the motor maybe runing intermittently on 4 cylinders.
    Last edited by Rich Z; 03-22-2018 at 08:45 AM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Parts diagram lists them as hose niples. Imo these should be check valves (one directional) but it doesn't apear so.
    Check the shift cut out switch at the shift linkage and adjust it or simply disconect it at the connection plug. This switch cuts off ignition to two cylinders when shifting out of gear. When it makes contact to groud the motor maybe runing intermittently on 4 cylinders.
    Rich, I believe you've been talking with my buddy Jim Speros about my situation.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

9. Member
    Looks a lot like mine when they come out, that shift switch when it starts to go bad can give you fits. Like Rich said disconnect it just to eliminate a possible problem. CJ

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ1 View Post
    Looks a lot like mine when they come out, CJ
    after 1hr?
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkBird View Post
    after 1hr?
    Oh heck no, after a season. BUT when my O2 was messing up they would look like that. Beings there are 2 that are black I would disconnect that shift switch. CJ

12. Member
    will try that next. CJ - does your motor call for BR9s and you run 8s? Last thing I want to do is run too hot a plug and melt something
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

13. Banned
    Rich, I believe you've been talking with my buddy Jim Speros about my situation.
    I know Jim but hes a merc man and done a lot of bussines with him. Not sure if he wants to work on yam motors

14. Member
    will try that next. CJ - does your motor call for BR9s and you run 8s? Last thing I want to do is run too hot a plug and melt something
    Yes it calls for 9's but I am running 8's per Hydro Tec. Def does not appear hot by the plug color in any way. Cj

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I know Jim but hes a merc man and done a lot of bussines with him. Not sure if he wants to work on yam motors
    You are so right. He barely let me in the shop when I put the PHII kit on. Had lunch with him today as a matter of fact.
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

16. Member
    Found red/yellow wire under flywheel that had been rubbing and showing strands. This wire comes from junction block to the injectors. Cut bad section out and soldered back together. What would be the symptom if it were grounding out? I would think the injectors wouldn't fire our maybe misfire? Disconnected shift switch and ran the BR8 plugs.

Ran the boat this morning - not a whole lot but did idle from the ramp for about 30mins. On plane running about 20min. Steady cruise speed (4800-5k) while fishing and then one short blast while partner was backing down the truck. Barely saw 5600. Throttle response was good all day, though. No bogging coming out of the hole. She wound right up and took off.

Talk about the other end of the spectrum. Bottom plug on port side still had the most color but the others, as you can see, looked almost like they came out of the box. No wetting at all, vs the previous set of 9s that came out almost dripping wet. Granted, didn't run the boat as long as previous outings but sure looks like something has changed. Going to roll the 9s back in it and reconnect the switch for tomorrow just to see how it acts. I don't like to see them THAT white. Thoughts?

Port

Stbd
    Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO

17. Member
    The blue line follows the red/yellow wire I'm referring to. Looked like it had floated up under the flywheel and got chewed in a couple places. A few strands cut but the bulk of them were in tact.

Lake&Bay Boca
    SHO