4 blade for Eyra

I just recently repowered my Eyra w a new 250 pro xs. I currently run a fury 26p 3 blade. I was interested in changing to a 4 blade. Could someone please tell me the best pitch 4 blade mercury prop for this setup. Thank you

I have a 2011 Eyra 250 SHO with 112 Fortrex 4 group 31 batts, dual 8' Blades and hydraulic jackplate. I'm running a 25 Fury 4 and can spin it to 6000 RPM and get 77 MPH.

I have a 25 Fury 4 and a 26 Fury 4. I run my 25 Fury 4 in the summer, pretty much anytime it's above 80 degrees. The holeshot with the Fury 4 26 is terrible in the heat with the livewells full. My boat has the Mercury 250, dual PP's, 36V Ultrex, dual console, lots of tackle, so it's on the heavy side.

4. Member
    Thank you for the input so far. Am I crazy to think I read on a previous post that a 27p fury was a good option? Thanks

5. Member
    They don't make a fury 27 4 blade.

I've got a 2016 Eyra with a 250 ProXS and have run a 26p Fury 3 and a 26p Bravo 1xs. For running heavy, the Bravo is good on holes hot and midrange, carries the load much better but will only hit 73-74 on top end. The Fury is easy 78-79 anytime on top end but is slow on hole shot when heavy or in very warm weather.
    Do some searching on here and on the Basscat site forum as some discussions include a 27-28 pitch Bravo XS being very good. You may also want to get in contact with Ronnie Gilbert as he seems to be the expert on working props for BCB use.

Basscat Eyra
    Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    I have a worked 28 Bravo XS that was the rpm equivalent of a 26 Fury on my Eyra, which was same set up as yours. You’re welcome to give it a try.

Just curious..... Why do you want to go to a 4?
    2022 Basscat PII
    Mercury 200 Pro XS 4stroke

9. Member
    C130 What made you go with the 4 blade? How is the 25 4 with full live wells and fuel and 2 people ?
    Last edited by Firecat; 03-21-2018 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add

10. Member
    Imo the 4 blade prop is a great prop on the eyra if you just want to point and go. You will not have any chine walk, hole shot will be better, but you will lose speed. I have tried the 26 4 blade, 25 4 blade, 26 3 blade. I settled on the 26 3 blade and added a hydraulic plate. Have speed, holeshot, and performance depending where the plate is. If i stayed with the standard plate i would run the 26 4 blade. 2018 250xs

Quote Originally Posted by Firecat View Post
    C130 What made you go with the 4 blade? How is the 25 4 with full live wells and fuel and 2 people ?
    My Eyra came with a Fury 3 25. For whatever reason I wanted to try a Fury 4 and bought a Fury 4 25. I really liked the hole shot and handling of the 4 blade, great in rough water also. In the cold weather the 4 bladed 25 would hit the rev limiter pretty easy so I bought a Fury4 26 which I really like in the winter but hole shot is terrible in the summer with the 26 and live wells full. Hole shot is much better with the Fury 4 25 in the heat but you do lose top end speed. We fish Conroe a lot in the summer and top end speed in about impossible on Conroe it's so rough so the Fury 4 25 works great for us in the summer. Saying all of that I'd like to try a 3 blade again now that I've had the boat over a year. It will still chine walk with a 4 blade, at least with my driving skills. I think it's better with he 4 blade but it will still start chine walking around 73-74. My Eyra is a dual console, 36v Ultrex, dual PP's, and we carry way too much tackle. Hole shot is decent, not great by any means, with the Fury 4 25 in the heat loaded with live wells full. My thoughts are below about 70-75 degrees the 26 is fine, above those temps I like the 25 much better. If you could try one out before buying that would be great. I think part of the decision depends on where you live and the water you fish. It's so hot and humid here in the summer I wanted a much better hole shot.
    Last edited by C130; 03-21-2018 at 05:48 PM.

12. Member
    I have 25 fury 4 on my 17' Eyra. it is slow and the H/S is awful loaded. I either have a weak motor or a dud prop. After talking with Ronnie Gilbert, I hope a worked 25 three blade will be the answer to my prayers. The 4 is good in rough water with anything less than a max load.

13. Member
    Did Ronnie seem to think the 25 3 blade is the best prop for these boats?

14. Member
    I am running a 26 3 blade Fury on my '17 Eyra/Mercury 250 with dual consoles, 36V Fortrex, and 2 PP blades. I had Ronnie work it this winter and when I got it back I was able to hit 81 but the holeshot still wasn't as good as I wanted it. I sent it back to him and he did his magic on it and the holeshot is much better. The other day with tournament load, 2 people, and livewells full I was able to hit 76 and I wasn't all the way stretched out. I think it had 78-79 in her that day. That is plenty fast carrying that load and like I said the holeshot was great. I also have a 26 4 blade Fury and I think the 3 blade is much better. I will probably send Ronnie my 25 3 blade to work for the summer and maybe sell the 4 blade.

15. Member
    Firecat.. Based on my load and preference of holeshot over top speed, Yes. he believes I can have a good holeshot and same if not more top end than my 26 fury three.

Ran a 26" 3 blade on my Eyra and 27" Bravo FS with extra Croxton holes in summer. I really liked the way the boat handled with hole shot and overall performance with 4 blade but it was a pain to load.