Thread: Aft cleat loose

Aft cleat loose

i have a 2010 721. The port aft cleat nuts vibrated completely off the cleat bolts. I found both nuts and one locking washer in the bilge area while inspecting my bilge. So, I need to reattach this cleat. How can I gain access to this cleat area to tighten the nuts?

Im thinking I might have to cut into the storage area and trim it out with some sort of access angel.

2. Member
    *access panel

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkTheDog View Post
    i have a 2010 721. The port aft cleat nuts vibrated completely off the cleat bolts. I found both nuts and one locking washer in the bilge area while inspecting my bilge. So, I need to reattach this cleat. How can I gain access to this cleat area to tighten the nuts?

Im thinking I might have to cut into the storage area and trim it out with some sort of access angel.
    My buddy had the same thing happen, there is no access unless you cut an access hole. I can't believe they don't utilize nylock nuts and washers. A standard nut and lock washer are alway's prone to vibrating loose, especially stainless steel.

4. Member
    Yea I have a 5x10 whole in my back compartment... Bad design on the earlier models. I cut it out and put a BUNCH of red lock tight on the new ones.
    AFTCO
    Picasso Lures
    Vicious Line
    Denali Rods
    RedTail Optix
    RedTail Republic
    https://www.facebook.com/KyleMetzgerFishing