Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Charger at the Classic?

I looked at the list of exhibitors in the Bassmaster website. I do not see Charger Boats listed??????? I am in Greenville and plan on attending the Expo tomorrow. Are they here?????

Yup, they're there

3. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Under what name? Trying to find their location on the. Exhibitor map.

They have a single 210 at the Honda booth.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    They have a single 210 at the Honda booth.
    Joking right?

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead175 View Post
    Joking right?
    how many do they need there? God Bless

7. Banned
    One would think with the success of launch of the elite line they would have a full booth with both elites and the regular line of Chargers. But what do I know I'm just a stupid welder.

8. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    One would think with the success of launch of the elite line they would have a full booth with both elites and the regular line of Chargers. But what do I know I'm just a stupid welder.
    There is no telling what they charge for floor space at the convention center. That is a cost that would have to be passed along to the buyers.
    If Honda wants to eat the cost it’s smart business!!

Charger has been in business over 40 years without all the advertisements, and they don’t seem to have an issue moving their boats.

9. Banned
    Calm down ladies I just took it as strange not to have a variety at the biggest show of the year. If you went to the Detroit Auto show and seen only one of any given maker you wouldn't think that's odd? But like I said what do I know......

Joking right?
    Nope. I did several laps around the expo. I only saw one 210.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    At the Classic! Saw Kelly Power and the 210. Tickled to have chatted with Kelly. I had spoken on phone with him in 1990, when he recommended Pro-Tec products for the Champs. Fun to see him in person! The 210 is one Beautiful boat!!!! Met Joe Dorris...really nice guy. Said the 198 will be out shortly. Show VERY crowded!!!!! VERY Crowded!!!!!

Back in hotel now. Will watch weigh-in at the hotel bar, where we will pay $14 for a beer!!!! Don't even ask what the darned hotel room costs!!!!! Right now, have feet propped up watching a little tv and playing on my iPad.

Here at the convention center 10' X 10' starts at 2,500 and 10' X 20 almost double and unions do the setup. If your not in the union your not setting up the fixtures. so do the math on a 20' boat. Not a cheap thing to do.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Calm down ladies I just took it as strange not to have a variety at the biggest show of the year. If you went to the Detroit Auto show and seen only one of any given maker you wouldn't think that's odd? But like I said what do I know......
    lighten up Francis, not everyone has deep pockets like welders.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Here at the convention center 10' X 10' starts at 2,500 and 10' X 20 almost double and unions do the setup. If your not in the union your not setting up the fixtures. so do the math on a 20' boat. Not a cheap thing to do.
    Looked like Vexus boys were setting up their OWN stuff. We don't need no d-;n union people to do the work for Ar. folks.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    You ain't kidding...we do multiple trade shows a year. Just to get our stuff from the truck to the booth costs us over $25k most folks aren't aware of the outrageous fee's that are associated with convention centers. Before we sell a single thing, we are usually $50-60k in the hole, between shipping, union/convention center costs, floor space, etc. HOWEVER...I do find it odd that they only have the one boat there. But as has already been stated, Charger has done well for 40 years without overspending on advertising. I guess they're doing alright

Quote Originally Posted by Bellville_Tx_Fisher View Post
    HOWEVER...I do find it odd that they only have the one boat there. But as has already been stated, Charger has done well for 40 years without overspending on advertising. I guess they're doing alright
    probably because they are selling them as fast as they build them, which is really not that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Heethen View Post
    Looked like Vexus boys were setting up their OWN stuff. We don't need no d-;n union people to do the work for Ar. folks.
    Different locations have different rules the cost is still over the top of being anywhere in the neighborhood of being reasonable.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy Rod View Post
    probably because they are selling them as fast as they build them, which is really not that fast.
    Not fast at all snoop!

19. Banned
    Really good looking boat. I tried to buy it but it had somewhere to go after the expo

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    Not fast at all snoop!
    take a couple of days, and go help them fellow out over at the plant

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast