Thread: Thanks Rick

Exclamation Thanks Rick

My son and I went to the Classic Expo today (Friday). We got there at 12:30 and it was already packed. We made our way to the BassCat booth as I had a question for them. After Rick Pierce finished his conversation with some other folks, I asked him my question. I am planning to replace my Fortrex with an Ultrex on by 2016 Puma. He was kind enough to take the time to show me how to do the replacement the correct way, as the factory would have installed. After that we had some small talk and I told him where I was from and he said you are printman 71 aren't you? I was blown away. He knew my BBC screen name based on my boat and where I was from! Guys, that's taking an interest in your customer. Rick, thanks for the time from a proud BassCat owner.

BTW, the expo was GREAT.

2. Member
    That is awesome. Makes me feel even more comfortable about switching to Bass Cat. It is rare these days a big company cares about and gets to know it's customers. Most are only around to make maximum profits.

I did the demo rides today as well as the expo. Every Basscat employee, boat driver, and dealer I talked to were just outstanding.
    Lee Harville - North Augusta, SC
    Boat Sold, looking for first cat -
    classic, P2, or Caracal

Rick is a class act and is a unique individual. The way he remembers people is truly remarkable.

5. Member
    Rick's You Tube videos showing the factory build process are very impressive. These had a lot to do with me choosing BassCat. Mine is getting close...

6. Smallmouth Junkie!
    Very cool story
    2012 Phoenix 721 pro xp / 250hp SHO
    2003 Skeeter TZX-190 / 150hp OX66

7. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Rick is an amazing individual. I feel very fortunate to know him. You would be surprised how many people he actually knows by name, who have purchased Cats.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

8. Member
    Yeah, I met Rick for the first time during a tour of the BassCat factory at the BBC rally last year. I was very impressed. He's a class act and really knows his stuff.

In my opinion Rick loves his work and his clients. He made a believer out of me several times in person and on the board.

Crappie fish fry. It don't taste any better.

10. Scraps
    This story is something that would drive me to buy a Cat. That and the super quality.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Member
    while waiting to ride the Lynx, I was talking to another BCB owner who was telling stories of Rick knowing people's names after just meeting them once years ago.

While the service first drove me to a Cat, the quality will keep me here for life.

12. Member
    I went on the cat rides this weekend also and Rick was there and met and got my picture taken with him awesome person

13. Member
    Great guy. At the 05 Basscat tournament, I stopped by the factory to pick up my packet and Rick asked if I had any problems with my boat. I told him not really but the arrow on my trolling motor would not line up properly. When you were going straight it would be pointing left. He stopped what he was doing, grabbed some tools and went outside took it apart and fixed it. Unreal that the boss would take time to do something like that himself.