stick marsh guide review

Just wanted to post about my experience on stick marsh the other day.
    I went out with a local guide named, Larry Hauser.
    Someone from this board recomended Larry to me, and i’ve got to say, i was very happy with him.

my wife and i booked a half day, (ended up staying out for 6 hours anyway) and went out this past tuesday.
    a beautiful cold front moved in that morning, and it felt like we were fishing a lovely fall morning in Canada.
    when we first met in the morning, i’ll be honest, i didn’t get a warm and fuzzy type feeling from him...he was all business.
    we met at stick marsh bait and tackle to pick up some shiners, had a quick hello and grabbed the bait. He told us to follow him, as the lake was roughly 15-20 minutes away.
    when we got to the launch, i offered to help out with the boat, but naturally he refused.
    he’s running a beautiful, brand new 21’ skeeter, which was nice and clean, and comfortable.

Once on the water, we were able to get chatting and by the end of the day, it felt like we were old friends.
    My wife, (who never fishes) easily caught a dozen or so, and should have had another dozen if not for her lousy hook sets/ giving the fish she hooked slack by bowing down to them, lol.
    i easily caught close to 20 myself and missed several more.
    All in all, we had a great day in very tough conditions. We didn’t get any real giants, although my wife did have a good one hooked up, our largest landed was 5lb, and we had a dozen or so 3-4lbers, which was a blast in our books.
    He even took us to some gator hangouts so my wife could snap some nice pictures, and took us to a few other areas for some pictures.

i’ll definitely be giving him a call again in the future, as he knows how to get people on fish.

2. Banned
    Glad you enjoyed your trip.

After cold fronts down here, them fish seem to get lock jaw. Glad he put you on some fish.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

4. Member
    Thanks Joe, I had a great time. You and Stephanie are awesome. Looking forward to next time.

Excellent!
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo