Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bwp777 View Post
    where did you purchase the boat?
    Arkansas Marine. I don't have a problem with them. I'm not all that upset with Skeeter either. This is my second new Skeeter and both had issues from the factory so they need to improve their quality control. I had a check list when I picked up the boat that myself and the dealer went over line by line. I forgot the hoses on my checklist even though I knew they had disconnected them. Who would think to look under the trailer or measure the supports.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

2. Member
    I have dealt w/ Ronnie on a few occasions.
    he knows his stuff but there have been things that I have had to contact skeeter or Yamaha myself and then inform him on what was needed.

3. Member
    check our tourney out for April 28th at Dardanelle.
    fish4amission.org
    for all the info or you can call me 501-514-0898

4. Member
    Skeeter should send the person that performed this work on the trailer and the QC person that signed off on the trailer to your house with materials and fix it. I love my boat but as they start turning out more boats then quality starts to drop. At some point this is going to hurt the brand. I know all boats have issues and i'm not bashing Skeeter but as an owner i'm concerned that lack of quality control will soon affect resale values.
    2017 Skeeter ZX 250

5. Member
    The latest update is I notified the dealer and took some pictures showing the issues. The dealer has contacted Skeeter and sent them the pictures. The dealer hasn't heard back from Skeeter as of today but he thinks they will just replace the trailer. Could get interesting since I haven't even registered the boat or trailer yet and my loan and insurance already have the VIN from the original trailer. Will deal with that when the time comes.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

6. Member
    I have dealt w/ Ronnie on a few occasions.
    he knows his stuff but there have been things that I have had to contact skeeter or Yamaha myself and then inform him on what was needed.
    Yes, Ronnie likes to "Ronnie" things so you have to stay on top of it. Overall they are a great dealer, treat you like family but you have to keep on top of them. I can't make the tourney on that date as I will be in Kentucky fishing with my brother. Thanks for the information.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

I have had about 9 Skeeters since the 1980 one...
    they are very sensitive as far as sweet spot for trailer to take out...

my current ZX225 is the same...
    if launch is not very level and trailer not with water about an inch over the metal steps...
    its going to fight me...

depending on the launch I may have to pull the boat up a foot or so to get home that day...LOL

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    I'm going to post here first since it is a Skeeter trailer. I just got my 2018 ZX200 and so far in each of the 3 times I've gone to load the boat on the trailer I have this issue. I idle on to the trailer and the boat seems straight. The bow is still about a foot or a little more from the roller. I make sure the motor is straight and give it a little gas to finish the loading and the boat goes to the left and off the "yellow" roller. If I back it up a little and try again it goes to the left again. So then I turn the motor to the right and it then goes on to the roller in the middle. I tighten the winch and pull out. Then by the time I get home the bow is again off to the left of the middle of the roller even though the winch is still tight. In fact the winch clip seems to be going to far under the roller even though the bow eye is snug against the roller. Never had this issue before. Seems either one of the bunks is crooked or maybe something at the roller. I have no idea but something is not right.
    Ive had the same problem with my 2017 ZX225. Only complaint though. It is an awesome boat.

Benny Rigney

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kandybass View Post
    Ive had the same problem with my 2017 ZX225. Only complaint though. It is an awesome boat.
    My trailer is actually defective. I believe Skeeter is going to build a new one and replace mine.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

10. Member
    but the skeeter trailers will be SOOOOOOO much better as the EZ Loader is such crap it just falls apart dragging it down the road.
    I still don't see why, if there ever was a REAL problem w/ the EZ Loader trailer, that skeeter didn't go back to the drawing board w/ EZ so they could concentrate on making what they are good at.

BOATS!!!

Leave the trailer building to trailer builders. It doesn't seem that complicated to me

11. Member
    but the skeeter trailers will be SOOOOOOO much better as the EZ Loader is such crap it just falls apart dragging it down the road.
    I still don't see why, if there ever was a REAL problem w/ the EZ Loader trailer, that skeeter didn't go back to the drawing board w/ EZ so they could concentrate on making what they are good at.

BOATS!!!

Leave the trailer building to trailer builders. It doesn't seem that complicated to me
    I agree

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by woppercatcher View Post
    The latest update is I notified the dealer and took some pictures showing the issues. The dealer has contacted Skeeter and sent them the pictures. The dealer hasn't heard back from Skeeter as of today but he thinks they will just replace the trailer. Could get interesting since I haven't even registered the boat or trailer yet and my loan and insurance already have the VIN from the original trailer. Will deal with that when the time comes.

Not or sure how it works in Arkansas but in Texas the dealer registers the trailer and boat just like a car dealer does you are responsible for keeping it registered there after. I would imagine that the trailer will be taken care of with no questions and if they do replace it they would also be responsible for letting the finance company and insurance know the new VIN number.
    2017 Skeeter ZX225
    12” Bobs Action Jack
    Dual Powers Poles

13. Member
    AR is a bit different though it shouldn't be a huge issue. I'm sure its just a few key strokes

14. Member
    Dealer told me today the new trailer is being built. Today the cap on the trailer neck fell off and is lost. Can't get a new trailer fast enough!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

15. Member
    and it just keeps getting better

16. Member
    Are the new skeeter trailers channel or tube trailers ?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter2222 View Post
    Are the new skeeter trailers channel or tube trailers ?
    According to the website they are channel. To be honest, if you compare these new Skeeter trailers to the EZ Loaders they are pretty close
    2021 Skeeter ZX225

18. Member
    wonder where they got the plans??

What amazes me is Skeeter has not corrected the EZ Loader tendencies to mess up...a trailer is not near as complicated as many other things...

I also wonder what the "hassle defect rate" is for say Ranger and Phoenix....at any rate, PR is very stinky and thus Skeeter will make it right...

QC control IS EVERYTHING...

2018 Z19/200 Optimax 2 stroker 24x3 Fury Ultrex 112
    Lowrance HDS 12/9 Lives with 3 in 1 ducers

20. Member
    I have a 15' skeeter ZX250 and I must of got lucky with my EZ Loader built trailer? Trailer is flawless, pulls great and boat loads awesome! That being said I think a lot of the problems loading the boat that people have mentioned on other posts is operator error.....obviously not the problem with the OP. Most put there trailer in too deep from what I have read/seen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast