225 Opti not getting over 4300 rpm

Hi, I have a 2007 optimax 225xl ser. 1B444773. I have had it less than a year, it had 100 hrs on it and I put another 100 on it last summer. I added a kicker motor over the winter and when I cut into the fuel line to add my tee I found the liner destroyed (I read all the stickys on that) so it has all been replaced as well as filters, there is a filter after the tank and before the bulb, looks as though it's always been there and last fall boat ran fine. So here's what I've done so far, fuel line bulb & both filters, took it out boat ran 3800 rpm and about 15mph at wot. Then I changed plugs, water pump and shift seal (I know not all related but just trying to get to ground zero on everything) took it back out after new set of plugs and it now runs 4300 rpms and about 28mph at wot. So a definite improvement but still 1300 rpm or so shy and about 1/2 my normal top speed. So I guess next step may be looking at plugged injectors? Tomorrow I'm planning on taking it out one more time and just use a fresh 2 gal fuel tank since it's a fairly easy test. I did store it with a full tank with stabil in it. Last trip was Dec 7 and 1st time out this year Feb 26. In northern Ohio. Thanks I am thankful I ran across this forum it has a ton of great info!

2. Member
    Kicker motor is going to slow you down some.

What is the make and model of the boat?

What prop?

Did this boat ever achieve more than 4300 RPM's, while you owned it?

3. Member
    It's a 215 mako walk around, last fall it would do 55/5600 rpm and almost 50 mph on flat water at wot. I did 45 lake Erie trips in it last season. The prop seemed fine before.

4. Member
    Little update, I pulled the new plugs after running boat yesterday, the port side top plug and the starboard bottom plug both look like they never fired, I am reassembling and I am going to confirm spark, I will take pics of the plugs before reinstall.

5. Member
    Good news! In the process of confirming spark, I found a connector that wasn't securely connected and boom! Runs perfect now, confirmed on the lake, running on all 6 cylinders will help out with top end! Thanks guys, I was really getting down thinking I had issues with the injectors after cleaning all that crud out of system! I'm so glad I found this wonderful site!

6. Member
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax