Helix setting to show Lakemaster maps by default

Is there a setting to have the Lakemaster map show by default instead of the plain map?
    In order for me to have the contours show up I must cycle Map source through Countour XD then to Basemap then back to Auto.
    It would be nice if it showed me the contours by default since Auto should find the best map option, wouldn't you think?

This is how it looks when I first turn on the unit:

Then I have to go to Map source and cycle through the other 2 choices and back to Auto

After that I get the good map to show

Is there any way around having to do this every time I boot up the units?

Thanks,
    Scott

2. Member
    Instead of auto, choose left slot or right slot

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by exx1976 View Post
    Instead of auto, choose left slot or right slot
    I only see that choice when one slot has my Navionics card and the other is the Lakemaster(ChartSelect.)

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tweakjr View Post
    I only see that choice when one slot has my Navionics card and the other is the Lakemaster(ChartSelect.)
    You now have 4 different maps in you unit? base,contour XD , Navionics and Lakemaster. No wonder its confused. Have you talked with customer service about it. Bob

5. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Yank the Navionics card out unless you need it...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

6. Member
    The navionics card is normally not installed. I only mentioned that because it's when I saw an option to choose left or right slot.
    Normally I have the lakemaster chartselect card in one slot and a blank SD card in the other for screenshots.
    Do you guys see the contours like in the last picture without having to mess with Map Source setting?

7. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    If I am running a blank card or ACL/ZLC I have the LM card as my default and don't mess with it - if I do have both LM & NAV, you have to select what you want.
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/