Green or Cumberland

Wanting to go To either Cumberland or green this weekend. anybody have any info on either lake or any suggestions where I should go any info is greatly appreciated

2. Member
    Theyre dropping green about a foot and a half a day. Ive heard its fishing pretty tough but there are a few fish to be caught. Heard in the ntba classic today on cumberland it took 17lbs to lead and 13 got ya up there pretty good
    They aint got hands, set the hook

3. Banned
    6.14 from green today. Probably several from both lakes though, very good day.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    6.14 from green today. Probably several from both lakes though, very good day.

Were you in the boat with him? I saw the pics and that was a giant smallie. Wasnt even built like a green smallie

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishin is life View Post
    Were you in the boat with him? I saw the pics and that was a giant smallie. Wasnt even built like a green smallie
    No I just had a mutual friend send me the pic.

Looked more like a grouper or halibut. Way past football stage.

Let’s see this picture!!! Lol...
    Hook sets are free

Think I might head to Cumberland in the morning for the first time out this year. Any good news coming from there?

8. Member
    Went to Cumberland today and had just one fish all day. Might try green tomorrow.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rude196 View Post
    No I just had a mutual friend send me the pic.

Looked more like a grouper or halibut. Way past football stage.

That thing looked like a pale erie smallie with how thick it was. Certainly didnt look our typical thin brownie. I went out on green today and the bite was super tough on me. Had a 5lb largie and a 3lb smallie and wouldve made 14-15lbs but the bites were very few and very far between. Theyre still pulling 1.5' a day out of it, so thats keeping them backed off and out. Its crazy to see a bush that its in the water when you put in thats dry when you come out

10. Banned
    I’m anxious to see how the Corp handles the water level situation. I figure they will drop the bottom out if we have a few dry days to let things settle down in Western Ky.

Went to Green. Saw 49-52 all day near HB - 4 fish, all jig. Slow...
    Hook sets are free

12. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve82 View Post
    Went to Green. Saw 49-52 all day near HB - 4 fish, all jig. Slow...
    If you were near HB all day then we probably crossed paths at one point in time. I did not get on the water until noon and it was 50 but I did find 55 about 2 hours before dark. I had a very weird day. 2 fish scattered then I pull on a spot and catch 10 fish with one of them being 6.05

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    If you were near HB all day then we probably crossed paths at one point in time. I did not get on the water until noon and it was 50 but I did find 55 about 2 hours before dark. I had a very weird day. 2 fish scattered then I pull on a spot and catch 10 fish with one of them being 6.05

Quote Originally Posted by JR19 View Post
    Green/Blueish Grey Nitro. Wow, nice job.. Fished from 8A-2P, all fish caught before 11. Probably should have never left the first spot, but wanted to find size (never did)..
    Hook sets are free

15. Member
    Gene i'am confused what is HB. we are having 2 open tournaments in 1 March 31, the green river bass club is going in with the Campbellsville University. drawing chips out of the same bucket you can fish either one or both with 2 entry fees. going to be a lot of boats.

16. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    I assumed his reference to HB was Holmes Bend but I am not really positive. After doing well on Sunday I went back for a few hours Monday afternoon and had zero bites...go figure. I would consider fishing the open if I had a partner. If you know of someone let me know or if someone reads this and wants to fish the open let me know.

17. Member
    Can anyone fish both or do u have to be a club member?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyCreekKy View Post
    Can anyone fish both or do u have to be a club member?
    they are both opens anyone can fish 1 or both with 2 paid entry's fees

19. Member
    Thx