Getting ready to order my first new boat. At this point since the new Merc 4S are not released for production yet I am looking at a SHO or a ProXS. I am pretty solid with the pros and cons of each compared to each other.

Questions for those who have experience or personal knowledge with both WARRANTIES:

I understand Yamaha has one level, the YES warranty, and that it is similar to the Mercury MPP. Does it cover as much or more or less than the MPP Platinum or the MPP Gold?

Particularly for those that have had a need to use both, have you found one or the other (YES/MPP) to be more customer friendly?

Did I understand correctly from other threads that the YES tends to cost (from an average good dealer) less than MPP Platinum, closer to MPP Gold?

I know with both you get standard 3yr factory warranty and I know with the Merc you can add say 2 years at purchase for instance and then still eligible to add up to 3 more (for a total of 8) within the first 3 years (while still under factory warranty), with a surcharge for years 2 and 3. How does that work with the YES for Yamaha?

Thanks!