Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebackfive View Post
    "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person"

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am"
    A lot of truth in those words!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

2. Banned
    They don't get the credit they deserve. Ever since My female has had ailing kidneys, the boys keep all eyes on Her while at the park. MagWai, the little AffenPinscher, won't let Her out of eye shot. When I had the flu, She didn't leave My side for 2 days and only drank water. When Evven figured out She wasn't eating, He made a move for the food and MagWai ran across the couch and flew on Evven about the neck. He hasn't been near that bowl since.

I've noticed at the dog park if the dogs have any 'beefs' they settle it pretty quick, when the human gets involved the fur starts flying.

I have had dogs all my life. On the farm there would be 5-6-7-8 depends on how many people dropped them off in the country.

This week my GSP had a stroke. At 13 years old some might say put him down. I have been by his side since Monday, vet, drugs, ect = about $600. Doesn't matter, 2007 after a really bad rollover (3 times) and bedridden for 2 months---- he never left my side.

BTW, he is getting better, taking him off the phenobarbital tonight ( nasty stuff) and starting him on Keppra. He deserves the best.

4. Banned
    Nothing wrong it. I don’t own a dog and doubt I ever will. Just can’t stand to have animal in the house, but I feel bad leaving one outside. Guess I’ll just visit my friends house every once in awhile and play with hers. Lol

5. Member
    i was talking to my wife the other day about dogs and i told her they are always glad to see you,i said if i locked both of you in the trunk who do you think would be happy to see me when i opened the trunk,all i got was a teeth snarl from her lol

6. Scraps
    Dogs are unconditional. They don't care what you did or how good you did it during the, day, they're just happy to see you and be in your company. The fact that they can't talk, I think, makes it that much more difficult when it comes time to say good bye.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    I have had dogs all my life. On the farm there would be 5-6-7-8 depends on how many people dropped them off in the country.

This week my GSP had a stroke. At 13 years old some might say put him down. I have been by his side since Monday, vet, drugs, ect = about $600. Doesn't matter, 2007 after a really bad rollover (3 times) and bedridden for 2 months---- he never left my side.

BTW, he is getting better, taking him off the phenobarbital tonight ( nasty stuff) and starting him on Keppra. He deserves the best.
    Hope your pup feels better quickly. My Buddy will be 13 in a few months and I would do anything I could for him.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

The only thing better than a pup is
    TWO good pups lol
    Now if I could just get the one on the right to quit growing

Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

9. Member
    Not wrong at all. In fact, I say both you and Gus are fortunate.

In our family we have cats. Feel the same about them.

10. Member
    I'm sitting here with Lily under my left arm. She whines when I leave her in the recliner alone, but she has arthritis and can't jump down, but if I don't pick her back up when I sit down, she whines until I pick her back up.
    Maya is on the couch under a blanket with Lena and Little Lucy. Tin-tin is in the kitchen sleeping in a real doggy bed.
    I was thinking earlier as I went to make coffee, this time I won't replace one if they pass away, I have too many dogs. At least they're all Min-pins, except Tin-tin who said he was a Min-pin, but I think he's a Sabre tooth Chihuahua in disguise.
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs.

11. Member
    You know what's best about dogs, They don't do Social Media.

Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    Mans best friend for a reason
    yep, nothing like a good Dog
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Quote Originally Posted by plowjock View Post
    You know what's best about dogs, They don't do Social Media.
    What are you talking about? I know of several Elkhounds that either post on Facebook about their day or have blogs.

Sitting here listening to my 13 year old dachshund snoring under his favorite blanket as I write this. He’s my full time sidekick.
    That dog got me through a lot of dark days after my son passed away. He can sense when I’m having a bad day, and hangs even closer to me.
    When we got to the lakehouse yesterday he was absolutely ecstatic that the docks were pulled back in for the Summer. It’s his favorite place, next to the pontoon, to spend time when we’re up here. He likes to play dock guard dog when the TX anglers roll in to fish the beds around the docks in Spring. He annoys the living $h!+ out of them. Doesn’t bark. Just runs down to where they’re fishing, and sits and watches. And follows them from spot to spot. Hilarious to watch.
    Nothing like them.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakalong View Post
    In my house dogs are at the top, I would rather be with my dogs than people anytime
    x2

16. Member
    I am still having trouble getting over the loss of my Yellow Lab Buddy in January. He was my best friend for 14 years and like your Gus he was just a great dog. He was always at my side eager to go for a ride in the truck or the boat. Even at the last moment of his life though his body was worn out he still had the look in his eyes of love that greeted me every day. Yes I do think you can love a dog more than most people. He is in a perfect world now with no more pain and running like a pup in wide open fields that he used to love so much.
    1987 Ranger 373V 150 Yamaha proV still going strong.

My best friend, Jack (the handsome one in the picture to your left) is 13 years old now and slowing down. He's almost completely deaf and sleeps so soundly that I can come in and and he won't wake up until I touch him. Last year there was a scare with potential liver cancer but that turned out to be a infected gall bladder so he has two pills every meal. But he get around great and enjoying life.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

18. Member
    My K9 crime fighter is the best. Always there for me.

19. Member
    Lost my 11 year old Boxer a few months back. Duke was a real buddy to me and was friends with everyone. But don't try to get in his fenced in yard without him being introduced to you. If it was a child he was totally different.He would lay on top of them as to say this one is mine! I still have his 3 year old daughter. Dixie is going to be cross eyed trying to keep my wife and me in view at all times. I try to never leave her out in every thing we do.She is likely the smartest dog I have been blessed with. We have to spell things out sometimes to keep our plans from her. If she had thumbs we would be in trouble

20. Member
    Here is Gus and my sons Springer Barkley. Gus is the o9ne laying down
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast