Problem with voltage drop

I am running a solix 15, a helix 12, and a garmin 9 with panoptix. I have the solix ran directly to the battery with an inline fuse on 8 gauge wire. What size and kind of battery would I need to be able to run them all day and not have any problems when it comes to starting the big motor. I have a 250 Pro XS. I usually put the Solix on stand by when I am fishing. But with the Helix and the Garmin running I feel like im going to kill my battery. I have a group 29 right now. If the solix is not in stand by when I crank the motor it shuts its self off.
    2007 SKEETER 20I - 2018 250 PRO XS
    2011 Gator-tail 1860 - 2019 Mercury 4 Stroke

2. Member
    You need a 31 series AGM battery. I have a Duracell 31 series AGM that I got at Sam's Club and It works flawlessly. I run 3 HDS 9 touch livewells, oxygenator and radio all day without a problem.

EDIT: I just saw you are running a Merc Pro XS. I am running a Yamaha SHO. You may need to go to the X2 Extreme that Battery Plus sells.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    You need a 31 series AGM battery. I have a Duracell 31 series AGM that I got at Sam's Club and It works flawlessly. I run 3 HDS 9 touch livewells, oxygenator and radio all day without a problem.

EDIT: I just saw you are running a Merc Pro XS. I am running a Yamaha SHO. You may need to go to the X2 Extreme that Battery Plus sells.
    +1 to the Sam's Club batteries. I'm running 2 right now for the TM and getting another for cranking/electronics.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    +1 to the Sam's Club batteries. I'm running 2 right now for the TM and getting another for cranking/electronics.
    I just bought three, two for the trolling motor and one for the starting and electronics, also at a good price till the 25th of this month

5. Member
    To the OP, you may want to also consider placing all of your graphs on a dedicated fuse panel connected to the size 31 battery via a 6-8 AWG power feed. I went with a 6 AWG feed to a Blue Seas fuse panel in my starboard rod locker. Each graph then has a 10 AWG feed to within a foot of the graph's mounting location. Cut the graph's factory power wires as short as possible. For me, this setup eliminated the voltage drop when starting the big motor.

6. Member
    Those solix 15 use a lot of juice. I have 2 Duracell agm in parallel and my proxs still cranks over slow