What Gauge Wire ?

I am installing a battery on/off switch. I may have to extends the wire leads on some of the accessories (Graphs,Livewells,Bilge,Lights,Power pole) What gauge wire should I should to splice into? I know from the switch to battery you should use 4g.

2. Member
    You may be over thinking this. All you need is to be able to totally disconnect the + or the - from the battery along with all the wires running to that post. You can do that by making a short pigtail battery lead to attach your switch or disconnect to. I hadn't thought about it before but welding cable connectors might be a good choice but don't know.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Oldone View Post
    You may be over thinking this. All you need is to be able to totally disconnect the + or the - from the battery along with all the wires running to that post. You can do that by making a short pigtail battery lead to attach your switch or disconnect to. I hadn't thought about it before but welding cable connectors might be a good choice but don't know.
    Yes I have a bad habit of overthinking everything! It's a blessing and a curse. The pigtail idea is great!!! Never thought of that.