Thread: Crypto

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Crypto

Is crypto dead, very little being posted about it.

2. Member
    Downturn and bear market scared away alot of people. Especially the ones who got in late just chasing returns without knowing anything about any of it. It will never "be dead." But projects will fail and alot of them will go away.

I’m not negitive yet but getting close... if I pulled all my money out a few weeks ago dangling my toes in the crypto market would have been a pretty big win with the money I took out a while back

I think a lot of the junk coins are dying off, but I think there are some that will make a big come back.

5. Banned
    If you're not in the top 5, you're withering on the vine. Those have the hype and the sustainability.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    It's not dead, but there needs to be some news, and I think I heard it this morning. Kevin O'Leary talking about an ICO that is regulated by the SEC, and backed by physical assets. Something to do with a hotel chain. I think he said the ICO would be worth $400 million. It's meant to replace IPOs and does away with all the big banks and all the money thats involved with the IPO process. Would be a way for the little guy to get in at the beginning. If companies start doing this, it could be a turning point.
    Thanos was the hero

At the G20 summit they just said they weren't going to regulate cryptos at this time so that should help.

8. Member
    To much negative news and manipulation. Plus the tax deal has cut down the trading big time. I'm in the red so it's either ride it in the ditch or to the moon. I read something the other day that kind of made sense to me. Everybody keeps waiting for bitcoin to moon but really it already has and now its going back down. It's just on a bigger scale than all the other coins.

I'm interested to see where the whole crypto scene goes in the next couple years. Is it going to be something that really changes the way our money is handled or is was it just a fad that is already dying out.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I'm interested to see where the whole crypto scene goes in the next couple years. Is it going to be something that really changes the way our money is handled or is was it just a fad that is already dying out.

I think it will clearly change the way money is handled, but, I don't think that means the value of Bitcoin or XRP or similar will be more or less.
    Thanos was the hero

11. Member
    invest in the tech your coin backs not the fiat...or so i tell myself lol. NOW i shoulda cashed it all out as well a while back but i like the tech particularly in CND, ETH, VIBE, and TRON...left about 3k in and have just let it ride.

12. Member
    Still in it, remember still up gains from last year, regulation from government on trade, and negative news has a lot of people guessing themselves on investing in it. I personally moved into block like ETH, and NEO, still hold BIT an light for currency..

13. Member
    Tron has all the potential in the world to do well if things stabilize

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OHellnofishin View Post
    Tron has all the potential in the world to do well if things stabilize
    Lord I hope you are right.

15. Member
    Tron is less than .02 now so it can't go much lower. I took the opportunity to average down and hope it starts climbing soon. I think it will do good but I don't think it's going to happen over night.
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

I've still got a little money in XRP, seems like there is a lot of working going on to actually make it useful, but there's not any movement upward on the price. The buzz has definitely died down, but if you look at historic charts, it seems like it does this every year. Big move upward at the end of the year and then fade away. The amount I have invested won't hurt if I lose it, but I would really like to see it make a turn around.

17. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I read a story the other day about a college student trying to commit suicide because they used their student loans to buy ETH. ETH was going to be the greatest thing thing ever. Apparently alot of kids did that and are getting hurt. Hope is not an investment strategy. It can always go lower. .02 can turn into .0002.
    Thanos was the hero

Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    I read a story the other day about a college student trying to commit suicide because they used their student loans to buy ETH. ETH was going to be the greatest thing thing ever. Apparently alot of kids did that and are getting hurt. Hope is not an investment strategy. It can always go lower. .02 can turn into .0002.
    Heard several stories of people mortgaging their houses to buy crypto. People were playing the lottery with their house as collateral. I admit, I got caught up in it when I was making $1000 or more a day off of a couple thousand dollar investment, but would never put more in it than I was willing to lose.

XRP has been coming alive this week. Wonder how high it's going to go this time. Is it possible to see the gains like we had last year again?

20. Member
    Guy at work made a mint in BTC but he’s betting the farm on EOS. I’m not in crypto.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast