Thread: Crypto

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not familiar with EOS. I'm only in XRP at the time. They are getting ready to roll out their real world usage on it in the next month, hoping that it explodes. I have enough in crypto that if it explodes like it could, I would be very happy, but I'm not betting the farm on it. Still got the majority of mine in Vanguard funds.

2. Member
    Best advise is to buy 1 bitcoin. Fixed amount, simple supply and demand, more millionaires in the world then there are bitcoins available. Crypto is here to stay for sure.

3. Member
    Now is the time to jump in when it’s cheap... and before the big money hits the market! Crypto should be part of your investment portfolio to some degree...

4. Member
    Some of the big money is starting to hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by GROD View Post
    Now is the time to jump in when it’s cheap... and before the big money hits the market! Crypto should be part of your investment portfolio to some degree...
    2014 ZX190, 175 HPDI
    HELIX 10 CHIRP MEGA SI GPS G2N

5. Member
    Bear market for crypto is possibly done... if you don’t own any crypto I would highly advise yourself to at least just buy .5 bitcoin, 3 Bitcoin Cash. 4 enthereum, 8 Litecoin, and 2000 XRP.... then just sit on them for about 3-7 years and thank me later. This is around a 4.5k investment portfolio currently.

6. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Why did bitcoin skyrocket on April 1st? There was a report about a bitcoin ETF being approved and that Warren Buffett was buying................the report came out on April 1st.......it was a joke.........

What does that say about an asset that can move 20% on an April fools joke.
    Thanos was the hero

7. Member
    Crypto is here to stay, and if you do your research you would understand. The younger generations will make sure of it and it will boom big time in the next 3-7 years as more and more adoption into mainstream financials and usage grow as it has been the last 18 months through the growth of late 2017 and the down turn early 2018. Would be foolish to not allocate just 1-2% of a financial portfolio to crypto, and many investors both indovidual and large corporations are starting to look into the future potential and realize that. Not saying bet the farm on it, but do yourself a favor and slowly acquire some and just hold it. Example I gave wasn’t a large financial amount, but what it could be down the road is exciting and worth the risk in my opinion. Crypto been around for many years now and it’s starting to really get some traction and use in real world economics.

8. Member
    Well 3 days later if you had purchased what I advised for 4.5k, and chose to cash in today, because you either got scared or needed the cash, you’d have 5.7k today as we speak... again though, I advise to hold for a few years and accumulate what you can afford.

9. Member
    I've been holding ETH since 2017. Unfortunately, I accelerated that buying during big run up. I knew it was gambling money so I still own the ETH and don't plan to sell anytime soon. I'm tempted now to start DCA in weekly but not sure what projects to be in. For those involved, is it better to stick with the top 5 or do you diversify into the smaller alts?

10. Member
    I mainly hold the top 5-9 (it changes at times), and dable inna few of the alts. 95% of my holding are in the big players though... Bitcoin, ETH, Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin Cash... I truly believe the next 3-7 years in this space is really gonna explode to proportions beyond November -December 2017. If in the future young investors (age 15-30 now) only allocate 1% of their total estimated portfolios into crypto, crypto space will be a trillion dollar space... this isn’t counting big business... and it’s the younger generation interested in crypto. You don’t have to understand it, but don’t be hard headed and pretend it’s just gonna go away... as you see the big corporations/banks/governments from all around the world take it pretty serious.

11. Member
    And I don’t bet the farm in crypto, but do allocat a portion of my investment portfolio to it. I add to it monthly like I do any other investment. Spread the buy around, which gives me a cost average. In my opinion though the cost now doesn’t matter... rather it’s 3000 or 6000 or eleven 10000, I believe bitcoin will be 35-45k in the next 3-7 years.

12. Member
    I was rightbkn the money.... future looking good!

13. Member
    I was right on the money! Up 120 percent from April 2!

14. Member
    What is needed when buying crypto? Ive heard selling it can be a challenge? Can I just go on and buy it through vanguard or other sites? Sorry to ask such silly questions but I am wondering. Will selling it get easier in future?

Myself, I buy through Coinbase, with a linked bank account, and up through now my crypto lives on their exchange. The buy/sell spreads seem high, through Coinbase, but trading there is convenient. You need to be familiar with security aspects, and understand the risks of exchange hacks, the security of keeping your crypto stored in wallets, or devices like Trezor, and understand ways your crypto can be accidentally lost forever by you, or stolen forever by others. Google and youtube is your friend to learn about it. AFAIK, retail brokerages like Fidelity, Vanguard don't offer crypto trading, but certainly will when it becomes more mainstream.

It's a fascinating way to securely transfer value to someone on the other side of the world within seconds for a very minimal fee, without any bank or government involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by JayLaw View Post
    What is needed when buying crypto? Ive heard selling it can be a challenge? Can I just go on and buy it through vanguard or other sites? Sorry to ask such silly questions but I am wondering. Will selling it get easier in future?

16. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mossie3 View Post
    Myself, I buy through Coinbase, with a linked bank account, and up through now my crypto lives on their exchange. The buy/sell spreads seem high, through Coinbase, but trading there is convenient. You need to be familiar with security aspects, and understand the risks of exchange hacks, the security of keeping your crypto stored in wallets, or devices like Trezor, and understand ways your crypto can be accidentally lost forever by you, or stolen forever by others. Google and youtube is your friend to learn about it. AFAIK, retail brokerages like Fidelity, Vanguard don't offer crypto trading, but certainly will when it becomes more mainstream.

It's a fascinating way to securely transfer value to someone on the other side of the world within seconds for a very minimal fee, without any bank or government involvement.

Curious, how often do you need to transfer money on the other side of the world? My wife uses an app to transfer money to family and friends within seconds and theres no fee. And because there is bank and government involvement, our money is safe and guaranteed.
    Thanos was the hero

17. Member
    Waiting for a pullback, it's bound to happen. I plan to enter again with more money when it does.

18. Member
    Crypto will be a “part” “piece of the pie” of everyone’s investment portfolios in the future. Just like when people said the Internet was complete garbage and so on... no one likes change or something they’re not familiar with... risk/reward... looking forward to revisiting this message a few years down the road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12