Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Only 16000? Get the ecoboost with max payload and tow package. Who really needs a diesel?

2. Member
    most who ever own a diesel, never go back to gas", unless financially strapped, most who own a Cummins", never switch to Powerstroke or Duramax, best light truck diesel ever made !.....

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twest1 View Post
    If your being deployed see what the military auto sales can do for you on a truck. I've been hearing of people getting damn good deals since I've been over here
    What is this? I honestly don't know anything about it.
    -2016 Phoenix 721 250 Pro XS
    -Old Rig-2006 Triton TR-196 200HP Optimax

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironoutlaw View Post
    Only 16000? Get the ecoboost with max payload and tow package. Who really needs a diesel?
    Lol, my days towing with anything Ford is over. I used an F150 to tow my wakeboat to Tenn a couple years ago and I could keep it in a gear or above a ridiculous 8 MPG.

5. Member
    I know guys think some of it is ridiculous for 5k a year but I usually keep my trucks over 10 years. I want loaded because I'm ready for something nice. I have always bought blah. I'm willing to pay for it but I want to buy smart. My hesitation with buying 30k miles is that a lot of those trucks are hot shot trade ins. I have seen a lot if those trucks thrashed. I will be buying a Ram Longhorn or Limited edition so they will loaded. I was originally thinking new because of the 2019 Overhaul and the new interior. I just haven't decided if it is worth 15k for that.

The new boat isn't a necessity but customizing to my liking out if the box sounds great. I also want to keep the next boat for 12-15 years at least so part of me thinks it may be worth it to get new.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XChris1632X View Post
    I know guys think some of it is ridiculous for 5k a year but I usually keep my trucks over 10 years. I want loaded because I'm ready for something nice. I have always bought blah. I'm willing to pay for it but I want to buy smart. My hesitation with buying 30k miles is that a lot of those trucks are hot shot trade ins. I have seen a lot if those trucks thrashed. I will be buying a Ram Longhorn or Limited edition so they will loaded. I was originally thinking new because of the 2019 Overhaul and the new interior. I just haven't decided if it is worth 15k for that.

The new boat isn't a necessity but customizing to my liking out if the box sounds great. I also want to keep the next boat for 12-15 years at least so part of me thinks it may be worth it to get new.
    I tend to agree to the 30k thrashing part. Thats why I tend to side with the 100k trucks. To me if you can find one that hasnt been modified etc and appears stock you might have a better chance of getting a truck someone cared for as they kept it a good bit of time. Plus I would think issues would have appeared if they were going to happen. And the value hit was already taken.

Thats just how my head works but its been known to not work right at times LOL.

7. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Not ridiculous in my eyes, I've only got 3400 miles on my 2017 F250 that I took delivery of May 2017... It's a Sunday driver, short business drives and a boat hauler, that's it.... I will keep this one until my tax write off runs out on it, then I'll be trading it in for another brand new one.

Last edited by 22RangerZ520R; 03-18-2018 at 12:51 PM.

2022 Ranger Z520R | 2022 Platinum F250
    Apex 19 | (2) Apex 16's | Mega 360 | Mega Live

If i only drove a truck that little, iwouldn't spend that much cash on one... I'd buy a really nice half ton, then buy an older 1 ton farm truck and still come out better than the money you've mentioned...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    If i only drove a truck that little, iwouldn't spend that much cash on one... I'd buy a really nice half ton, then buy an older 1 ton farm truck and still come out better than the money you've mentioned...
    I honestly considered this as well. I guess the other thing I hadn't mentioned yet is that I am strongly considering buying a fifth wheel camper if I can hurry and pay the boat off in a few years. My wife wants one bad enough we almost came home with one this year. My mileage may go up and we will likely be making some trips within a few years.

I honestly considered this as well. I guess the other thing I hadn't mentioned yet is that I am strongly considering buying a fifth wheel camper if I can hurry and pay the boat off in a few years. My wife wants one bad enough we almost came home with one this year. My mileage may go up and we will likely be making some trips within a few years.
    Well that may change things then...not enough input.... There was a feller on here a while back that found an older Dodge 5.9 old man's ride that had low miles and was garage kept.... A low price for it... You look hard enough they deals are out there...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    ... Sure, I could have gotten a used V6 ecoboost F150 with 6 turbos on it and saved a ton of money but I wanted the "raw" power of the diesel V8. I didn't want to have to downshift going up a slight hill and have the rpm's shoot up to 3k+ and have to have all 5 turbos spool up to max just to sustain my speed...
    Wait, what? Have you even driven an EcoBoost?

5 turbos?!?!

12. Member
    If it were me I would get the truck you want that you know you will hold on to. If you don't get what you want then you will be more apt to get that itch for something newer and take a hit on whatever you buy. As for the boat getting new is nice and there are a lot of new rigs out there that are reasonable. The triton 20trx, skeeter zx250, and the Phoenix 721 package boats are nice and priced right for the options. Even the ranger cup 520c isn't terrible. I would look for both on the used market and buy new only if I couldn't find something used that I wanted at a good enough deal where buying new made more sense.

13. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    Little sarcasm there...lol.

I just know that my gas 5.3L V8 in my Tahoe I had struggled at times and if it did, I know a V6 truck would struggle even more regardless of how many turbos are put on the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by artcarney_agr View Post
    Wait, what? Have you even driven an EcoBoost?

5 turbos?!?!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 18RangerZ520L View Post
    Little sarcasm there...lol.

I just know that my gas 5.3L V8 in my Tahoe I had struggled at times and if it did, I know a V6 truck would struggle even more regardless of how many turbos are put on the motor.
    You really need to tow with one. I don't have one, I have the chevy 5.3, but my buddy tows and his truck never downshifts. Mine has to shift everytime we hit an upslope if I have the cruise at 70. The eco v6, just pulls her on up without shifting. It is impressive.

15. Member
    I always buy new, that way I know how it's been treated. I also like the fact that it has warranty. On the other hand, I have only used the warranty once in all the new vehicles I have bought for a major problem. The AC went out on my wife's SUV and would have cost about $2k out of pocket. Never used warranty on a truck for anything major. Now boat motors, I have used the warranty often.

16. Ranger Boats Moderator 22RangerZ520R's Avatar
    I'll never go back to a gas truck for towing, even if all I ever tow is a bass boat.

Diesel for life for me...

Quote Originally Posted by bassnpro1 View Post
    You really need to tow with one. I don't have one, I have the chevy 5.3, but my buddy tows and his truck never downshifts. Mine has to shift everytime we hit an upslope if I have the cruise at 70. The eco v6, just pulls her on up without shifting. It is impressive.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I bought a new truck, because they thought the used trucks were made of gold and new was 18k off sticker. I bought a 3 year old boat because it cost half of the price of the same exact boat new.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I bought a new truck, because they thought the used trucks were made of gold and new was 18k off sticker.
    Must be a Chevy or a Dodge, as they have to practically give those trucks away to get them on the road!

EcoBoost Vs EcoDiesel towing. This is from a year or so ago. But the F150 has some impressive torque and towing capabilities.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

20. Member
    2015 F350 crew cab 4wd 6.7L bought one year old 20000 miles 36000.00 dollars buy most of my cars from internet dealers low miles with warranty. Most will pick you up at airport.
    2016 Lowe FS 1710
    2016 Mercury Pro XS 115

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast