Banned

New Rod Sleeves.

Thanks Bill17V for the clever tip I liked it. Now got another concern. I have 12 rods in the boat with the same Rod Sleeve. Now I need a suggestion how to tag the particular Rod Sleeve to its particular bait cast rod & reel.

I guess you can go by different colors. my spinning rods have purple sleeves and bait casters are black. I don't thing there is a need to have each rod marked differently.

I am thinking of pushing a rubber band thru the sock somewhere near the end of the cone, then feed the rubber band back thru itself and then pull it down and around the trigger or the reel handle to help keep them in place. You could use a small piece of tape or labeling of some kind on the rubber band to identify what is in the sock.

4. Member
    I like that rubber band keeper idea.

I imagine the same concept, using colored pieces of ribbon or string, would work for labeling, too. Thanks

5. Member
    I've attached a pix of a number of mods to the excellent rod cover suggestion from Billy 17V.

I didn't have any large shrink tubes around, but I did have plenty of wire ties.

At the tip end, I simply folded over the end and ran a wire-tie through it. Worked fine.

To keep the rod cover down on the reel end, I ran two wire-ties through the folded collar. The first tie keeps the collar folded and provides the connection to a simple wire-tie loop.

The purpose of that loop is to allow my line clip to attach to the rod cover. I take my line, run it over one handle, back forward and clip it to the loop. When I tighten my reel, the line pulls the rod cover down and keeps it there.

Then, to identify which rod and which rod cover belongs to it, I use a red/white/black/blue (whatever) bead on the cover. I also wrapped a piece of same-color tape on the rod handle. That way, when it is time to put the rigs back, the correct length and size rod cover will be matched with the correct rod.

I may also add a label with the line strength and rod stats, wrapped on the handle. I figured that I might as well truly got organized.

p.s. I cut the material with my soldering gun. Worked great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by richg99; 03-17-2018 at 04:08 PM.

rubber bands rot .

I posted this on the other thread and thought i would add more here for you. They have differernt types of these (even colored) but I used the white ones. I got the white, Plastic, Gardening Tags $2.00 from amazon for 100 of them https://www.amazon.com/Fullkang-100p...gardening+tags

I cut the pointy end off to make them even but that was just me. Punch a small hole on each end and use small zip-ties to attach them to my rod socks. then I use a label maker and label each one with the info I want to see when i look at it. I name each set up and put the reel speed and line size on each one. Or you can just use a sharpie and never have to change it.

I also made my own rod sock holders from some plastic alligator clamps I found and black shoe string. Tie one end on the lop on the alligator clip and that snaps on the reel end of my rod sock. then tie a loop in the other end of the shoe string and that fits around my reel. holds them on even while driving to and from the ramp.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Roba22; 03-19-2018 at 08:22 AM. Reason: more info
    2001 Triton TR176DC, Mercury 125hp, Lowrance HDS9 gen3 & HDS7 gen2

9. Member
    I'm kinda CHEAP, but also BASICALLY LAZY... I bought a PACK OF THESE for my sleeves then wrote on the tabs as needed with a sharpie... https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...8176/202528803
    Fiat Voluntas Dei!

10. Member
    Might want to put piece if clear tape over the sharpie writing.