Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

How's Guntersvill Doing this week and next week >?

I see the weather is going to be nicer next week. We are thinking of heading down Guntersville for a few days 18-23. How is fishing this week and what do you think about fishing next week ? We might be able to wait another week but this coming week is a solid positive fishing trip week. Any info would be appreicated for a quality trip....I know you guys hate seeing another boat in your lake but we have 11 hour drive for 3.5 for 4 days fishing...Thanks for any information or tackleshop hearsay.....>>>
    Last edited by Basscaster; 03-15-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Just look at the results from the Alabama Bass Trail event held this past Saturday... The top 38 places had 20 plus lbs...winners had a 30 lb bag....every single bridge on the lake has more crappie under it than you can stand to catch....mainly small fish but it's like fishing in a bucket... My results weren't very good for Tournament day but my practice days were good...the people that have been fussing about this lake being on a downward trend don't know what the hell they're talking about...a lesser lake with the pressure this lake gets would be toast but there's only a few lakes in the country that could hold up to the kind of pressure that Guntersville gets... I think it's as healthy as it been in a good while...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

3. Member
    The sealy big bass splash is March 23-25 out of goosepond and typically has 1300 to 1400 anglers fishing so it will be crowded that weekend
    2002 RANGER 520VX
    2006 Mercury PROXS 225

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    Thanks mrlawler1 and Rangerjim. I think we heading down on early Monday morning. We have the days off and and don't know what's up the next week. We aren't going to take the chance of pushing trip back a week..if we were 20 years younger >> if fishing is good, we stay 2 weeks and deal with work.....>>>

Water temp today was 51 this morning and 57 at sunset. Bite was tough but managed couple good ones on chatterbaits.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama