1993 Astro 20FDX Transom rot?

Hey guys,

it seems like the only time i post here is if I only need help. As stated above I have a 1993 Astro 20FDX, I have what I think are stress cracks in the corner of the splash well as well as above the top motor mounts. If I lift the motor up and down fairly forcibly the transom does not budge. The biggest issue is the left and right side where the foam is on the top cap the top cap is separating from the hull. screws have pulled out. I have gotten inside and looked at stringers and the transom with a screwdriver, tapping and a little poking and everything seems solid. I am pulling the motor off tomorrow night and will check the bolt holes for rot. Can anybody help me here? Is it worth cutting the little glass off in the splash well to expose the transom to check? Should i light it on fire and send it into the lake? my first tournament is labor day weekend i have to be ready!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Drill a small hole on the inside of the transom, in the bilge area, and check the wood shavings to check the color and if it's wet.

3. Member
    My transom doesnt go all the way down to the bilge. it stops 8 inches higher in a fiberglass ledge.I cant figure out why the back will not suck down. ive tried with ratchet straps but cant get it. I might cut it open and just do it all. I know the wood is wet for the top 6 inches at least.

4. Member
    If the wood is wet it definitely needs to be done. Good luck and check out youtube for vids if you are going to do it yourself and ask these guys on the boards. They are full of information.