19 TRX Buying Experience

Yesterday I brought my new 19 TRX home from In Tune Marine in Richmond MN. I live in Green Bay WI which is 5 1/2 hrs away. The level of attention to the details from the sales rep (Aaron Teal), the rigging team and the ladies I worked with on all of the paperwork was amazing. The customer service was top notch I you live anywhere in the upper Midwest you definitely need to consider them.

I'm writing this post not only to give credit where credit is due, but to also let you know that not all dealers live by the same standards. I bought a new boat (different brand) from Kens Sports in Kaukauna, WI a year ago. They were real solid during the purchasing phase and everyone I ever dealt with was very nice but it ends there. When I got my boat the compartments and deck had shards of metal and carpet debris on or in them. I overlooked it at the time because I was so excited to own my first boat and they busted their butts to get me the boat as fast as they could.

Over the course of the 2017 fishing season I ended up having a bunch of issues...with the motor, the boat, the battery charger, trolling motor, wiring, trailer bunks, & ratchet tie downs. I understand most of the issues are the manufacturers. My problem is that for a couple of the issues I had to make multiple trips, which equalled personal time wasted, time away from my job, time off the water and money for gas.

For example, the trailer bunks showed wear after 2 months and on a fishing trip 5 hrs away, one of the bunks fell off the trailer. I fixed it enough to get it home & Ken's evetually fixed it. 2 weeks later there was bunk wear in the same spot. I took the boat off the trailer at a boat ramp & examined the trailer. The middle 2 bunks, one of which was the one that came off the trailer, were pitched differently. The wear was on a 3rd bunk on the far right at the front. Same spot that was already fixed. This time I went to Kens and was much more assertive. After they fixed everything they said the wear was a result of the bunks not being on right. No kidding! Why wasn't that assessment made and the fix executed properly the first time?

At the end of the season there was some work that needed to be performed that was intentionally put off. There were some bubbles in the carpet. I also wanted the boat winterized. I got the boat back 7 weeks later. Apparently it takes a long time for parts. When I put the boat away for storage I checked all of the compartments. The carpet work was done in the back only. The livewells were loaded with metal shards & pieces of carpet. I was also given a lame excuse as to why they couldn't fix the carpet bubbles in the front, so they just blasted screws into the deck to push them down, which is bush league. The kicker is that they completely forgot to winterize my boat. Keep in mind that I live 50 min from where I store my boat in Winter and Ken's is 50 min from there.

So I was done with this boat and why I wasn't done with Ken's is beyond me. I gave them a chance to make things right by considering a 19 TRX from them. They were fair on the trade value they offered, but I was given no sort of concession on the new boat price. When I expressed disappointment, I basically got a shoulder shrug and never heard from them again.

If you are in the market for a Triton and geographically it makes sense, make sure you contact In Tune Marine, (320) 685-3410Stay as far away as you can from Ken's Sports in Kaukauna, WI!!!
    Last edited by ckessenich; 03-15-2018 at 04:41 PM.

2. Member
    You get the Patriot they had or the silver one?

3. Member

4. Member
    x100 on Ken's Sports. Quite the group of dbags.

5. Member
    I have dealt with the Boat Doc in Lomira and cannot say enough about them. I have no ties with them, they just go above and beyond.

6. Member
    I keep hearing more and more bad experiences from people dealing with Ken's sports in Kaukauna.

I have worked with Josh and the Boat Doc, great guy and great service.

7. Member
    The silver one.

8. Member
    lol So your the guy that beat me to it lol Aaron was working me up a quote but got back to me and said it had sold. Nice Boat!

9. Member
    Thanks!Sorry about that. I was all set to buy a different boat from a different dealer even after I had soke with Aaron fis. I had the same thing happen to me so I went right back to him. Luckily for me I did it at the right time. Great boat. Just trying to get the hole shot kind of stuff dialed in before the season opens.